This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 00162-68213
Mixed (rotating weekends)
THE WOMAN S HOSPITAL OF TEXAS HOUSTON, TX
FOOD AND NUTRITION SERVICES TECHNICIAN
THE WOMAN\'S HOSPITAL OF TEXAS opened in 1976 and ever since has remained the state's premier facility dedicated solely to the health of women and newborn infants. Located near the Texas Medical Center, Woman s offers 397 licensed beds, including a NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) and a full range of women s health services and newborn infants.
More than 650 board-certified physicians at Woman's offer their expertise and an outstanding level of quality care in the areas of gynecology, obstetrical care, high-risk pregnancy and minimally invasive surgery.
THE WOMAN S HOSPITAL OF TEXAS is currently looking for a FOOD AND NUTRITION SERVICES TECHNICIAN.
* Under the immediate direction of the dietary supervisor and the general supervision of the food service management, is accountable for individual customer service and food service tasks
* Duties include, but not limited to, patient tray preparation, serving in cafeteria, general kitchen cleaning, food labeling, stocking of assigned areas and preparation of snacks and nourishments.
* Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance improvement activities in the department and with other service areas.
* Accurately and completely documents required logs.
* Recognizes the purpose of employment is to prioritize the patient as number one.
* Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting cost effectiveness. To actively market services to increase volume and awareness.
* Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
* Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
* Communicate effectively with other employees (physicians, nursing and ancillary staff) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
* Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping practices
* Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude, personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the department.
* To uphold the standards of the department and organization with integrity.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
PREFERRED: Current Food Handlers Card
PREFERRED: Previous experience in food preparation and in dealing with the general
Last Edited: 08/17/2016