FOOD SERVICE SUPERVISOR / 40 HOURS / ROTATING / BWH FOOD SERVICES 9/9/2016
Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL SUMMARY/OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
As a member of the Retail Food Service team, in the role as Food Service Supervisor, the individual will be tasked to lead a team that delivers in a pleasant, friendly and timely manner customer specific high-quality food and exemplary service to patients, guests, and staff.
This position requires supervising members of the BBF Caf Food Service team that will be assisting in delivering the highest possible customer experience to our guests, be they patients, family members, hospital staff or Doctors and Leadership, as outlined in the Food Service Department's HAACP program.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Facilitates and coordinate the Retail Food Services team in order to accomplish daily and weekly tasks.
2. Direct supervision of the Frontline employees in regards to adherence to schedule and job flows as well as delivering the desired customer experience.
3. Motivates Retail Service Team to provide the best quality food and service to patients, guests and staff.
4. Assures the customers order is 100% accurate to their desired specifications.
5. Contributes to employee performance evaluations. Counsels on disciplinary problems and takes corrective action either informal or by formal documented progressive discipline.
7. Responsible for directing and assisting in operational tasks to maintain quality assurance standards for sanitation and safety.
8. Makes adjustments to daily schedule due to last minute employee issues. Responsible to notify and seek out assistance from other supervisors and managers to assure adequate staffing.
9. Manages difficult or emotional situations and responds promptly to guests needs.
10. Adhere to departmental and hospital policies and procedures and other foodservice regulations at all times.
11. Participate in and monitor, according to preset criteria, sanitation and safety procedures including HACCP program.
12. Perform all other duties as assigned
13. Actively involved in the in-service training of employees and orientation of new employees or fill-in supervisors.
1. Assure all inventories to par prior to the start of each meal period
2. Responsible for adherence to cash handling policies and procedures. Does not accept gratuities to perform assigned work duties.
1. The position requires the ability to read, write, speak and communicate in English, to follow and give oral and written instructions, to be able to communicate with patients, hospital personnel, and co-workers. This level is normally acquired through completion of a high school education.
2. Bilingual preferred.
3. Healthcare setting experience strongly preferred
4. Knowledge of the food and restaurant regulations set by the federal, Massachusetts and Boston City Health Codes and Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Hospitals.
5. Must have computer skills and basic mathematics knowledge.
6. A basic supervisory course is strongly recommended.
1. Must be pleasant and friendly, flexible, hard-worker, and work well with others.
2. Must have good hand-eye coordination, good manual dexterity and a good attention span.
3. Must have good attention to detail and problem-solving skills
4. Must have the ability to communicate well in order to discuss semi-complex and involved information with other employees, staff members, patients or general public in a sensitive manner.
5. Must be able to maintain confidentiality of patient information.
6. Must be able to adhere and enforce new or updated policies and procedures.
7. Ability to read, write, and speak another language is a plus.
8. Must be able to multi-task and handle pressure particularly associated with time constraints due to guest requirements.
9. Must be able to direct assignment of tasks to multiple people.
10. Must be able to supervise and coordinate a racially and culturally diverse workforce to meet operational deadlines.
1. Works in heated and air-conditioned Cafe and kitchen.
2. Work involves occupational risks commensurate with work hazards and physical requirements, i.e., wet slippery floors, chemical solutions, handling hot water and soup (180-190 degrees), frequent bending.
3. Consequence of errors ranges from no harm to serious harm such as incorrect items to guests, injured employees and broken equipment.
4. Work involves rotating shifts as early as 5:30 AM to as late as 7 PM, required to work weekends and holidays.
5. Possible on feet for 100% of the day (100%).
6. Involves occasional lifting of items up to 50 lbs., pushing and pulling food carts.
Brigham and Womens Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.
Brigham and Womens Hospital I CARE Standards
The I CARE Standards guide me in my interactions with patients, family members, visitors, colleagues, and neighbors in my workplace and surrounding community to optimize the Brigham experience and help fulfill my role in our mission of providing seamless, high quality patient and family centered care.
C. I will Communicate my commitment to high quality performance
A. I will Appear and act as a professional
R. I will Respect all individuals
E. I will Extend myself