FOOD SERVICE WORKER
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Kansas City, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Food Service Worker
* Performs duties in one of the following department units: Food Production, Cafeteria (Main or Delp), MD Lounge, Trayline, or Support Services. Cross-trained to perform in one or more of the units and/or stations within the primary unit.
* Maintains food/product/supply quality and safety following HACCP and department standards. Operates, monitors and cleans any equipment used to perform job duties following directions and unit standards.
* Maintains orderliness, safety, and sanitation of work and/or service area(s), according to unit standards and station assignment.
* During periods of downtime in primary unit, assists in another unit according to assignment or at request of supervisor. (Examples: portioning and wrapping patient food items, serving on the Cafeteria hot line, loading or unloading the dish machine.)
* High School diploma or equivalent required
* Basic reading, writing and mathematical skills are necessary
* Candidate should be a team player and have a good work ethic.
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.