This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Red Gold, Inc.
This position is responsible for transferring direct materials such as cans from the warehouse to the production process or finished goods from the production line to storage. Due to the dynamic nature of our business, duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
* Operates forklift truck according to required safety standards
* Moves materials to/from warehouse(s)/production line/packaging line, etc.
* Unloads/loads shuttles
* Picks orders
* Stages orders
* Removes used item(s) such as pallets, tier sheets, trash bins from production/packaging/warehouse areas
* Completes required paperwork (e.g., tally sheets, slot change, shuttle transfer, etc.)
* Scans materials (via barcode tags) in and out of inventory
* Records receipt/loading of materials on driver paperwork (BOL)
* Completes "Forklift Operator's Daily Checklist" to indicate forklift/equipment is in proper working order
* Responsible for monitoring, record keeping, and taking appropriate action for specified Food Safety Plan, Food Quality Plan and prerequisite program requirements.
* Responsible to report food safety and quality issues to management.
* Assists production/packaging line operators by removing plastic and/or straps from pallets etc. when needed
* Performs routine maintenance (not handled by maintenance company) such as filling propane tank, checking valves, etc.
* Maintains clean work area by picking up trash, sweeping floor, wiping down equipment etc. as needed
Education and Experience
* High School Diploma or GED
* Must be able to successfully use basic math and writing skills necessary to accurately fill out required paperwork.
* Should have working knowledge of warehouse operations or be trainable
* Must be capable of operating a lift truck in a safe and efficient manner by abiding by plant and company rules for shipping and warehousing.
* Must be able to pass forklift training period through written and driving tests as well as on-the-job work efforts.
* Demonstrated observation skills
* Must be able to drive a standard forklift with both hands and both feet.
* Must have stamina and be able to move quickly.
* Must be able to lift 80 lbs. (pallets when necessary).
* Must be safety concsious.
* Free to move about in office environment as needed
* Good communication skills
* Detail oriented
* Multi-task oriented