This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 2/24/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Accountabilities
Crown Cork & Seal s North American Beverage Packaging Division has openings for Forklift Drivers/Operators at their new manufacturing facility located in Nichols, New York. This facility will manufacture aluminum cans for the beverage industry. This position will transport inventory and materials (both raw materials and finished goods) throughout both the operation floor and warehouse areas at this high-speed state-of-the-art metal packaging manufacturing facility. Other responsibilities would include but not be limited to the following:
* Ensures all equipment, guards, and safety devices are in place at all times, and follows safe work procedures and safety rules
* Operates powered industrial trucks to transport inventory and load tractor trailers for shipment.
* Transports inventory in warehouse to correct locations and stages orders for shipment.
* Understands daily production schedule and corresponds with mgmt. leads, and coworkers accordingly
* Performs visual inspection of aluminum cans and packaging quality
* Monitors schedules, equipment, or processes, and reports problems to supervisor
* Assists with Material Movers (Line drivers) or other forklift operations when necessary
* Follows all SOP s (standard operating procedures) and communicates with proper personnel as concerns or issues arise
* Assist Quality Assurance in locating pallets for sampling
* Keeps equipment and all areas safe, clean, and organized through proper housekeeping
* Performs other related duties as required
* This position will also develop standard operating procedures; provide training for equipment operation and reinforce all safety procedures.
* A high school graduate or equivalent with 3+ years working forklift experience in a manufacturing setting (high-speed manufacturing is preferred).
* Effective record keeping skills and the ability to focus on details.
* Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks at the same time.
* Effective and proven communication skills (both written and verbal) working in a team environment.