FPGA Design Engineer Sr
About Plexus Engineering Solutions
Plexus engineers serve as the product design and engineering engine for leading companies, across major industries.
Through our diverse range of product and technology solutions Plexus engineers impact lives throughout the globe. We deliver innovative solutions throughout the entire product lifecycle, from early concept development to manufacturing and beyond.
Supporting a large breadth and variety of products, Plexus engineers work in a fast-paced, high variety, technically challenging environment that provides intense technical and leadership development. Passionate about customers, our teams have an industry-leading record of technical achievement.
At Plexus, you will maximize the impact of your engineering and leadership talent.
*This position can be located at any of Plexus' US Design Centers: Raleigh, NC | Neenah, WI | Boulder, CO
About the Role
Plexus is seeking an experienced FPGA Design Engineer with strong capabilities throughout the entire FPGA development process. The individual will be responsible for developing high quality FPGA designs, from concept to production, meeting our customer requirements.
Key Job Responsibilities
* Develop engineering/product concepts that are innovative, high-quality, cost-appropriate, and satisfy all stakeholder (customer, manufacturing, material, etc.) needs and requirements throughout the full Product Realization value stream
* Utilize appropriate tools and equipment to perform necessary design work including design creation, design analysis, and design verification
* Support proposal development through the identification of project tasks, durations, interdependencies, risks and assumptions
* Directly interface with customer to clearly and concisely communicate technical information
Skills & Abilities
* Demonstrated ability in developing large, complex FPGA designs
* Strong skills in RTL coding using Verilog
* Understanding of high speed board design techniques and signal integrity fundamentals
* Strong knowledge of revision control concepts and tools (ex. Subversion)
* Strong understanding of synchronous design practices and data flow management (FIFOs, memories, pipelining)
* Working knowledge of high performance computing utilizing FPGAs
* Ability to lead a small team of engineers through the FPGA development process, preferred
* Advanced abilities in mentorship and development of others
Education & Experience
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering is required for this position
* 6+ years of FPGA development experience (requirement, architecture, RTL coding, simulation, synthesis, timing analysis, P&R, board level integration and verification) is required, 8+ years preferred
* Extensive experience in the following areas:
* Designing and implementing low latency, high throughput FPGA designs utilizing PCIe Gen2/3, Gigabit Ethernet, SERDES , DDR3/4, and/or QDR2/2+/4 .
* The latest FPGA tool suites, such as Altera Quartus II, Xilinx Vivado
* Performing simulations using ModelSim or QuestaSim
* Altera Stratix and Arria devices, Xilinx Kintex and Virtex devices
* Verification experience using SystemVerilog; use of UVM and assertions are a plus
* Authoring documentation such as FPGA specifications and FPGA verification plans
* Self-checking verification techniques; constrained-random, coverage-driven are a plus
* Excellent scripting skills (ex. Perl, Python, Tcl, Bash), preferred
* Experience working in the Linux environment, preferred
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Depending on the position and location, some of our customer contracts that are governed by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) may require us to only consider applicants who are US Citizens or permanent residents (green card holders), or have been granted political asylum. Thank you for your understanding.
Working At Plexus
Empowering People, Innovating Solutions, Achieving Excellence
Plexus is a global company that values your growth and development and knows that our success is the direct result of our empowered, hard-working and dedicated people. At Plexus you can push the boundaries of innovation and discover your highest potential. Whether you're an experienced professional or skilled manufacturer looking to expand and enhance your career, a recent graduate ready to make an impact or a student eager to gain hands on internship experience, you can make a difference with us.
At Plexus we provide opportunities for growth and development at every level and encourage all employees to be leaders. The foundation of our culture is built around Our Values and How We Lead behaviors exemplified by our Plexus People: Customer Focus, Relationships & Teamwork, Integrity, Open Communication, Excellence, Prioritize Our People, Solve Problems, Be Courageous, Be Strategic, and Innovate.
Our global operations allow us to attract people with broad and diverse backgrounds from all over the world. Discover why more than 12,500 dedicated individuals choose Plexus as the workplace of choice to grow their careers. Apply today!