This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: #3609
Title: FPGA Developer*
Date Posted: 08/17/2016
Job Location: Lexington Massachusetts
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED
Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain a Security Clearance for access to classified information.
The Advanced RF Techniques and Systems Group leads efforts in spectrum operations to develop multifunction RF systems and technologies. Work is focused on robust and special communications, array-based communications signal processing, and communications-related sensing.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The Advanced RF Techniques and Systems Group is seeking a digital design engineer specializing in VHSIC Hardware Description Language (VHDL) development methodologies that will develop digital signal processing FPGA firmware for use in wireless communications systems. Multiple years of experience with the FPGA firmware development process is required, including VHDL code development, simulation, synthesis, timing closure, and FPGA performance verification.
* The desired candidate must be proficient in all aspects of FPGA design and verification and should have in-depth familiarity with Xilinx FPGAs, particularly the Virtex product family, and in-depth knowledge of development tools, development on the Linux platform, laboratory test equipment, and source and revision control tools.
* The ideal candidate must be able to develop implementation architectures from requirements documents or high-level specifications as well as communicate and work with teams on multiple-engineer chip developments.
* Additionally, the candidate will be required to use and maintain legacy designs as well as troubleshoot component and system designs operating within an integrated system.
* Multiple years experience with FPGA verification is required.
* Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance
* Ability to investigate issues and solve problems independently is desired.
* Experience with wireless communications systems, digital signal processing, and communication theory is desired.
* Experience in the design and debug of complex circuit boards is also desired.
* Experience developing software for embedded processors using C/C++ for DSP applications is desired.
* Knowledge of the Xilinx Zynq SoC architecture, Verilog, Matlab, Perl, and/or SystemVerilog is a plus.
* Candidates with active Secret clearance preferred
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
* Location: Lexington, Ma
* Travel: Non-Anticipated
* Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran.
Additional BenefitsTuition Assistance
Health care off-set
Short and Long Term Disability