FSQ (Food Safety Quality) Leader - 2nd Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
Campbell Soup Company
Downers Grove, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONIMAGINE...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Supervises equipment cleaners, building cleaners, helpers and part-time weekend personnel required to meet daily and/or preventative sanitation schedules and emergency needs.
* Assesses/coaches employee performance and expectations. Conducts and processes probationary/regular employee performance reviews on a timely basis. This includes working with Supervisor in properly communicating information on policies and procedures to work group.
* Responsible for knowing the jobs supervised and executing to them the highest standards of product quality, safe workmanship and customer service.
* Performs sanitation audits (sectors, post evaluations) and analyzes sanitation problems/deficiencies relative to the plant and/or equipment. Initiates proper course of corrective action to rectify and reduce future occurrences.
* Assists in maintaining records for master sanitation cleaning schedule and associated procedures/task instructions in both manual and computerized systems. Tracks and assigns task items to all department shifts.
* Maintains hourly attendance and labor records in computerized systems (Time and Attendance). Audits, codes and approves allocation of time. Distributes paychecks and processes requests for adjustments from errors in pay.
* Assembles and presents facts concerning disciplinary action in written form to his/her supervisor, who will assist in determination of approved disciplinary action. May assist in issuing approved disciplinary action.
* Communicates thoroughly with the previous shift regarding personnel problems, unfinished task workload, special requests or requirements, crewing shortages, schedule changes or any situation requiring attention.
* Responsible for maintaining good, open communication channels with all departments. Works together with other departments to assist in achievement of primary plant goals and objectives.
* Responsible for meeting budget cost constraints and cost reduction goals and objectives of the department. Recommends changes to procedure and purchase of equipment that will assist in meeting objectives.
* Monitors outside contractors that may be involved in performing duties that assist in completion of sanitation objectives, installation of new equipment, etc.
* Analyzes equipment performance and enter/creates work orders into the SAP system accurately describing problems of the equipment and how it relates to inferior production of product.
* Interprets schedules, memos, emails and other documents and assigns duties to complete production or other essential tasks. Reviews and responds to email, audix, etc. in a timely manner.
* Insures all SQF, HACCP, CTS, Safety, and Hygiene standards are adhered to.
* Conduct job specific training for new/existing employees in all plant programs.
* Establishes or adjusts work procedures and schedules to meet production schedules.
* Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve sanitation methods.
* Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
Directly lead employees in the Food Safety Quality department, while covering for the Supervisor and Leaders/sub leads vacation and NS days including the off shifts. Carries out Leader responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Analytical - Interprets complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data' Designs work flows and procedures; Ability to properly prioritize work, develop action plans and ensure follow through in obtaining objectives.
* Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
* Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
* Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Ensures direct supports have a clear understanding of their key responsibilities; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
* Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
* Safety and Security - Has full competence in all plant programs; Ensures safety and security procedures are met; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly; Prepares and performs weekly pre-shift meetings on safety.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A.A.) from two-year college or technical school; one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of AS400 and SAP Manufacturing software, Access, Word, Excel (Windows based software).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
AIB certificate preferred, Six Sigma training preferred, pest control knowledge preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Multi-tasking abilities - ability to handle multiple priorities at one time, including properly setting priorities and ensuring follow-up is completed for areas of responsibility.
* Good communication skills - written and oral.
* Good analytical skills, including a basic ability to understand mechanical functions of equipment and basic sanitation techniques.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an