This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/22/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
The Quality Assurance (QA) Technician has the primary responsibility for protecting the food by conducting food safety and quality sampling, testing, and documentation to meet all regulatory, customer, and ARYZTA requirements. QA Technicians may be designated as I or II depending on level of experience and skills.
The QA Technician is responsible for conducting food safety and quality assurance procedures to ensure ARYZTA is in compliance with best practices for food safety and quality. The QA Technician reports to the QA Supervisor or QA Manager (depending on size of bakery).
* Responsible for meeting all applicable food regulations (international, national, state, and local)
* Responsible for complying with the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) standards (i.e. BRC, SQF)
* Responsible for sampling, testing, and documentation of the Quality Management System (QMS) including procedures, records, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
* Works to maintain the safety, legality and quality of each food and the processes used in their manufacture.
* Responsible for meeting and exceeding customer requirements
* Works to reduce customer/consumer complaints for foods manufactured on site
* Reports food safety and quality issues to their supervisor
* Authorized to hold product based on food safety or quality non-conformance
* Participates in daily food evaluation to identify possible defects
* Participates in physical bakery inspections on a weekly basis on each area (pest control, operational methods, maintenance for food safety, sanitation, personnel practices, etc.)
* Selects food items for analysis at specified stages in the production process for evaluating compliance to specification
* Able to perform pre-operational inspections and to report any concerns to their Supervisor
* Able to use the following instrumentation/measuring devices
* Metal detectors
* X-ray devices
* Moisture analyzers
* Ensures appropriate communication of food safety/QA issues with Production Supervisors and QA Technicians at shift change
* Other duties may be assigned and QA Technician is expected to effectively manage and execute changes
General Food Safety and Quality Practices:
* Ensures that our products meet the company s standards and specifications
* Complete, legible and accurate documentation
* Must understand and follow all company Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP s)
* Food Safety and Quality Standard Requirements are being maintained daily
* Must understand and comply with the company Allergen, Food Defense and HACCP policies
* Must communicate with Supervision of any Food Safety and Equipment concerns
* Follows all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP s) for the area worked
* Establishes and maintains effective working relationships
* Effective work ethic and good communications skills
* High School Diploma, some college science courses or experience in the food industry
* Good writing, mathematics, and critical thinking skills
* Experience in computers including spreadsheets
* Training in HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points)
* Training in a Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) standard such as BRC or SQF
Physical Requirements - Work Environment
* Regularly required to climb, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
* Use a computer keyboard and monitor more than 25% of total work time.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and extreme cold
* The noise level in the work environment is often moderate to loud
* Ability to work different shifts and weekends
11:00am - 7:00pm Monday-Saturday
Alsip, Illinois, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.