This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2016
END DATE 12/28/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
The Quality Assurance (QA) Technician has the primary responsibility for protecting the food by conducting food safety and quality sampling, testing, and documentation to meet all regulatory, customer, and ARYZTA requirements. QA Technicians may be designated as I, II, or III depending on level of experience and skills.
The QA Technician is responsible for conducting food safety and quality assurance procedures to ensure ARYZTA is in compliance with best practices for food safety and quality. The QA Technician reports to the QA Supervisor or QA Manager (depending on size of bakery).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This section describes the core responsibilities of this position. Duties may vary dependent on department staffing and seasonal fluctuations.
* Responsible for meeting all applicable food regulations (international, national, state, and local)
* Responsible for complying with the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) standards (i.e. BRC, SQF)
* Responsible for sampling, testing, and documentation of the Quality Management System (QMS) including procedures, records, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
* Works to maintain the safety, legality and quality of each food and the processes used in their manufacture.
* Responsible for meeting and exceeding customer requirements
* Works to reduce customer/consumer complaints for foods manufactured on site
* Reports food safety and quality issues to their supervisor
* Authorized to hold product based on food safety or quality non-conformance
* Participates in daily food evaluation to identify possible defects
* Participates in physical bakery inspections on a weekly basis on each area (pest control, operational methods, maintenance for food safety, sanitation, personnel practices, etc.)
* Responsible for assuring materials are received from ARYZTA approved suppliers and conducts raw material supplier performance monitoring
* Other duties may be assigned and QA Technician is expected to effectively manage and execute changes
Education, Technical Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Proficiency Level
The education, technical qualifications, experience and competencies are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Effective work ethic and good communications skills
* High School Diploma, some college science courses or experience in the food industry
* Training in HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points)
* Training in a Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) standard such as BRC or SQF
* Good writing, mathematics, and critical thinking skills
* Experience in computers including spreadsheetsPhysical RequirementsThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Regularly required to climb, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
* Use a computer keyboard and monitor more than 25% of total work time.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Work Environment
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed outside weather conditions, wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and extreme cold.
* The noise level in the work environment is often moderate to loud.
* Ability to work different shifts and weekends
Austin, Texas, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.