FT Licensed Vocational Nurse NOC Shift - (Moonstone)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 5/4/2017
The Elizabeth Hospice Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Since 1978, The Elizabeth Hospice has been at the forefront of providing exceptional hospice and palliative care, end-of-life home care, and comprehensive counseling options for all ages in San Diego County. A pioneer in the hospice and palliative care movement, The Elizabeth Hospice is the most experienced and largest nonprofit hospice and palliative care provider in the region, serving children and adults, and their families, impacted by illness, grief and loss, throughout communities within San Diego and the Inland Empire. In our 39-year history, we are honored to have earned the community s trust as a respected nonprofit healthcare leader.
Provides professional nursing care under supervision of RN for assigned patients across the life span (perinatal, pediatrics, and adults) in patients homes or facilities according to established standards and practice. Participates as a team member of the clinical interdisciplinary team to ensure appropriate resources to all internal/external customers. Follows The Elizabeth Hospice rules, policies, procedures, applicable laws and standards addressed in the Compliance Program. Responsible for carrying out the mission, vision, values and quality commitment of The Elizabeth Hospice. Provides Comfort Calls to patients as assigned.
Work hours: 12:00am - 8:30am
Weekend commitment: Every other weekend
On-call frequency: Minimum one (1) shift every four (4) weeks
1. Vocational/Specialized Training
2. Minimum experience of 6-12 months with preferred experience of 1-2 years in acute care setting, home health or hospice.
3. Current California LVN license.
4. Ability to answer phones, maintain patient charts, and schedule appointments.
5. Ability to use calculator, computer and copy machine.
6. Phlebotomy certification preferred.
7. Pediatric experience preferred.
8. Current California driver s license and proof of insurance required
9. Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
"The Elizabeth Hospice is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.