FT Sterile Processing Tech-Stone Oak
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
San Antonio, TX
Under general supervision decontaminates, cleans, processes, assembles, sterilizes, stores and distributes reusable medical devices and supplies used in patient care. Assembles and dispatches surgical case carts
1. High school graduate or equivalent is required
2. Some college preferred.
1. 3-5 years sterile processing technician experience in a hospital Central Sterile department is required.
1. BLS required.
1. Requires ability to communicate effectively with others; ability to exercise some
judgement in work environment.
2. Must be able to read and understand manufacturer literature and supply specifications.
3. Good hand and eye coordination is required.
4. Must be able to react and perform under stress and emergency situations.
5. Ability to organize and prioritize to insure daily work load is carried out.
E. WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Works in a clean, well-lighted, air-conditioned environment.
2. Position requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
3. Position requires pushing and or pulling loaded carts and lifting bulk supplies.
4. May be exposed to blood and bodily fluids.
F. OTHER: Must successfully complete the pre-employment/post job offer health screening and the annual TB screening each year thereafter as an associate