Fabrication Floater I (2nd Shift)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Fabrication Floater I (2nd Shift)
The following describes in general terms the purpose and scope of the position. Utilized in all areas of the Fabrication department as required. May set up and operate machine tools such as a brake press or Watson Stillman to machine/fabricate, bend, form, or straighten metallic and nonmetallic work pieces as well as hand forming of sheet metal parts to blueprint tolerance.
Brake Press - sets up and operates heavy duty power brake to bend, notch, punch, form rolls, arc or straighten metal plates or sheet metal and structural shapes to blueprint or sketch specifications.
* Selects, positions, and aligns dies in ram and bed of machine.Turns setscrews or bolts to fasten clamp bar that holds dies in position.
* Turns adjustment screws to set specified pressure of ram and clearance between dies to thickness of metal, as indicated by calibrated scale or feelers.
* Operates CNC control.
* Lays out or details layout on work stock from blueprints or templates.
* Positions work piece manually or with crane to align layout marks to dies.
* Starts machine to lower ram or depresses pedal to activate ram that bends or cuts metal.
* Sets stops on machine bed and re-positions stock to run successive pieces, or to perform multiple operations.
* Verifies dimensions of work piece.
* Preheats metal in furnace.
* Grinds laps or burrs from edges of work piece.
* Devises and builds temporary dies.
Hand Align - hand forming of sheet metal parts to blueprint tolerance.
* Checks parts to blueprint dimensions.
* Straightens parts as required by use of hand tools, power tools, and special equipment.
Watson Stillman Press - sets up and operates heavy-duty power press to bend, form, and straighten metal plates, formed sheet metal, structural shapes, and weldments.
* Plans sequence of operations.
* Measures and sights along work piece to mark reference lines.
* Selects and positions flat, V-block, radius, or special purpose die sets into ram and bed of machine.
* Turns hand-wheel or levers to set depth and pressure of ram stroke.
* Aligns and bolts dies to ram and bed of machine.
* Preheats work piece in furnace, or in heated area of press.
* Lifts and positions work piece between dies of machine.
* Starts machine to lower ram which bends or straightens work piece between dies.
* Repositions work piece and changes dies when making multiple or successive passes.
* Grinds our burrs and sharp edges. Inspects and marks job number on finished work piece.
* Bends or straightens cold metal.
* Operates press equipped with two or more rams to bend angles or flanges or bend to radius by successive passes; or operates multiple acting hydraulic press to perform deep progressive and reverse draw operations of sheet metal.
* Checks own work and takes first part to quality inspection.
* Able to adjust process for additional parts to keep within control limits for SPC as needed.Collects SPC data according to the control plan attached to the work order.
* Responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their work area.
* Performs other duties and assignments as directed.
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required: The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
* Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
* Must be able to communicate effectively
* Regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or
controls; and reach with hands and arms
* Frequently required to walk.
* Occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch
* Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
* Annual baseline hearing test may be required depending on major job duty
Working conditions are:
* 100% manufacturing environment.
* Regularly required to work near moving mechanical parts.
* Occasionally exposed to vibration of the hand.
* Noise level is usually moderate to loud.
* Occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat.
* Hearing protection must be worn in designated areas.
* Safety glasses (ANSI Z87 compliant) required in all manufacturing areas.
* Safety Footwear shall be in accordance with the following: ASTM
standard F2413-05 with minimum impact resistance, compression resistance and
metatarsal designation ratings of 75 foot pounds (i.e. ASTM F2413-05 I/75 C/75
Mt/75), which are viewable on the inside tag of footwear.
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments in
accordance with business needs, and to make reasonable accommodations so that
qualified employees can perform the essential function of the job.
Skills & Qualifications
Required Skills & Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, qualifications, competencies, abilities and any physical demands if required. Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential requirements of this job.
* Basic computer knowledge and skills
* Ability to operate a forklift
* Ability to use measuring instruments including but not limited to calipers, protractor, tape measure, height gage, and scales
* Prior operation of machinery helpful
* Read and understand internal procedures and policies.
* Understand and follow through on both verbal and written instructions
* Team oriented with a continuous improvement outlook.
Required Experience/Education/Training/Certifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the outlined experience level, education, training, minimum years of experience, product or industry knowledge plus any certifications in order to be considered.
* High School Diploma; up to 3 years related experience in job function and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience
* Math Skills: fractions, percentages, decimals, ratios, and proportions
* Geometry and trigonometry is a plus
* Ability to read and interpret blueprints and mylars
* Basic computer knowledge and skills