Fabrication Supervisor - GER01873
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Gerdau Long Steel North America
Perth Amboy, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Plans, organizes, and monitors reinforcing steel shop operations to assure the smooth, safe and efficient stocking of inventory, fabrication of reinforcing steel, maintenance of equipment, and delivery of orders as needed to satisfy customer requirements.
Manages all reinforcing steel shop personnel, including:
Training, motivating, disciplining and evaluating the performance of all reinforcing steel shop personnel
Ensuring the ability of all reinforcing steel shop personnel to safely perform the duties of their respective jobs
Manages reinforcing steel fabrication operations, including:
* a. Receiving and storing of inventory
* b. Overseeing the supplying of materials to be fabricated
* c. Monthly inventory adjustment counts
* d. Organizing cutting schedule to maintain optimum fabrication efficiency
Conducts and reports safety meetings for reinforcing steel shop.
Acts as first contact for environmental spills, employee accidents and safety
Maintains reinforcing steel shop equipment - ensures compliance with all safety and operational standards
Scheduling of all reinforcing steel delivery trucks
Maintains vehicle operation and maintenance records
Maintenance and repair of equipment and spare parts Duties & Responsibilities
* Supervise and coordinate an assigned shift work force engaged in bar shop fabricating operations involving fabrication warehousing, material handling, shearing, bending and loading of reinforcing steel.
* Work from schedules, orders, and instructions to assign work to the shop production operators.
* Check work in process to insure adherence to quantity and quality standards. Keep Superintendent informed as to production progress and other pertinent information.
* Will work on/with all equipment, including Forklift, cranes, and tractor trailers.
* Review job orders, and schedule required operational work as necessary to insure proper performance of duties and to maintain flow of work through the shop.
* Anticipate or investigate production delays, inadequate work performance and take necessary corrective action.
* Make effective recommendations regarding equipment, maintenance and subordinates.
* Provide support to shop production employees, team building, coaching and mentoring.
* 4-year Degree or individual actively pursuing 4 year degree with applicable experience encouraged to apply
* 2+ years experience in manufacturing setting
* Working knowledge of manufacturing methods and reinforcing steel fabrication
* Experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
* Minimum of 1 - 2 months supervisory experience
Salary & Benefits
* Medical and Prescription
* Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
* Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
* Health Advocate Services
* Employee Assistance Program
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
Additional Agency Job Board Text Application Process
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunity related to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship.
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Gerdau, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (866) 788-2798 or email@example.com.