This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Waste Pro, USA
JOB DESCRIPTION* Performs repairs and maintenance on front, rear load, recycle and roll-off trucks and other assets when necessary. Cuts/welds repairs to vehicle floors, bodies, packing blades, rails, fabrication.
* Welds steel and aluminum components using MIG gun and arc welding equipment.
* Bends steel components using a break ad shear.
* Cuts steel using a plasma cutter or torch.
* Fabricates steel components on trucks and containers. Sweeps up the refab shop welding debris, grease, working environment, takes out the garbage and ensure that the shop is keep clean and safe on a daily basis.
* Follows all safety policies and procedures.
* Completes required paperwork.
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Essential Functions- The statements above are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Waste Pro is one of this country's fastest growing privately owned waste collection, recycling, processing and disposal companies, operating in eight southeastern states. Serving more than 1.8 million residential and commercial customers from over 70 operating locations, Waste Pro is headquartered in Longwood, Florida, and maintains more than 150 exclusive municipal contracts and franchises. Waste Pro is seeking a fabricator/welder to perform repairs to equipment parts, vehicles and containers.
* One year welding experience.
* Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D. certification.
* Valid driver license.
* Garbage truck repair experience a plus.
Physical Requirements (but not limited to)
* Push, pull, drag, and lift items up to 50 pounds, climbing ladder, and overhead reaching.
* Walking, Jogging, Twisting, Crouching, Lifting
* Sufficient stamina for steady work pace throughout the day
* Able to utilize all Personal Protective Equipment as mandated by company.
Inside facility, outside environment exposed to weather and vibrations from trucks and maintenance facility. Occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.