Facilities, Electrical Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Facilities, Electrical Technician
Auto Req ID
SHIFT: Wednesday Saturday, 6 AM 5 PM (10 hour shift)
The Facilities, Electrical Technician performs general maintenance and repairs on all facets of the facility equipment and infrastructure including mechanical systems, critical environments. The Facilities, Electrical Technician is responsible for completing his or her work assignments as well as assisting the Chief and peer technicians as required in overseeing contractor performance of repair and maintenance activities.
The Facilities, Electrical Technician is classified as essential personnel and, as such, is required to work with minimal amount of absences and during all site closures as required except in the event of a major disaster when access to the facilities is prohibited by governmental emergency personnel.
* This position performs general maintenance on all facets of facility equipment and infrastructure to include but not limited to the following: mechanical systems (HVAC, plumbing, controls), temperature control systems, critical environments, animal research support equipment, data center air conditioning units, fire/life safety alarm and suppression systems, elevator preventive and corrective maintenance oversight, clean steam generation, purified water systems, house vacuum systems, specialized lab equipment (incubators, autoclaves, bioreactors, ultra-low temperature freezers, refrigerators, liquid nitrogen freezers).
* Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
* Performs all work using proper safety equipment and in a safe manner.
* Maintains service documentation via Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
* Communicates with customers, management, colleagues, Planners/Schedulers and Operations Managers regarding issues, project completion timelines and workload priorities.
* Performs equipment calibration and repairs. Maintains tools, parts, equipment and supplies in clean and safe condition.
* Acts as a resource for all partners in equipment and service maintenance.
* Willingness to work in a multi-skilled team environment.
* Ensures all work orders are completed on and closed with all appropriate documentation within the time constraints of the request.
* Responsible for overseeing the activities of contractors working within the building either as representatives of the building itself or tenants operating within the buildings.
* Ensures quality requirements for maintenance service(s) are met for equipment with a Level 1 classification. Work performed must be in compliance with all Client procedures and practices and is subject to inspection by Client maintenance or quality assurance staff.
* May be required to work overtime to meet deadlines.
* May be required to travel to alternate sites.
* Works on-call, weekends, evenings, and holidays as needed.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* HS diploma or GED equivalent.
* Minimum of five years of relevant work experience.
* Operating Engineers license or equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Ability to lift 50 lbs. frequently.
* Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent computer skills, including a working knowledge of the CMMS, Word and Excel.
* Proven record of excellent internal and external customer service.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment and the ability to master new skill sets quickly.
* Commitment to promote and support a collegial and supportive work environment for all staff.
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.