This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
The Facilities Engineer is responsible for coordinating the total maintenance of the facility, assists in the completion of the day-to-day activities involving the maintenance of the building/facility, equipment and machinery, including HVAC, building lighting systems, ground keeping and overall facility appearance for a 24/7 operation. The position is responsible for planning, budgeting, scheduling facility modifications, all safety and related items at both of our manufacturing buildings.
Essential Job Functions
* Manages a preventive maintenance program within the confines of an annual budget. This includes all heating, air conditioning and maintenance and repair of buildings and equipment.
* Prepares an annual budget and operates within that budget with regard to the expenses for production supplies, operating supplies, electricity, gas, water and sewer.
* Oversees the coordination of building space allocation and layout, communication services, and facility expansion.
* Manages preventive maintenance of facility equipment, including HVAC and office equipment.
* Oversees the cleaning, maintenance of facility and champions 5s program.
* Maintains the plans for fire evacuation and disaster response. Serves as the facility emergency response coordinator.
* Manages hazardous waste disposal programs.
* Manages the paper recycling program.
* Maintains up-to-date records for all state, federal and insurance semiannual and annual inspections.
* Provides training to new and existing employees.
* Keeps up on technological changes such as retrofitting machinery to meet today s new laws and efficiency standards.
* Works with the machine maintenance supervisor to facilitate a team-work approach, combining the expertise and manpower of both departments for the completion of a project.
* Maintains a complete and up-to-date employee right-to-know program.
* Performs other duties as requested by the plant manager.
* Arranges for and manages appropriate third-party contractor support as needed.
* Prepares budgets and secures estimates and cost quotes as needed.
* Enforces sound safety and housekeeping practices.
* Passionately drive continuous improvement culture while implementing the strategic roadmap to achieve breakthrough performance in working capital, quality, delivery, cost and growth
* Build an outstanding team and evolve the organizational structure, as needed, in order to meet and exceed objectives.
* Ensure effective allocation of resources across all areas of the operation to accomplish customer driven priorities
* Continually benchmark best practices and implement as appropriate.
Essential Skills & Experience
* BS or associate degree with technical training in plant engineering or factory/plant maintenance.
* Minimum of three to five years of progressive experience and responsibility in a maintenance field, two of which were holding a supervisory position directing a multifunctional maintenance staff.
* Conduct all required hazardous waste and hazardous material management activities
* Waste Water Treatment experience is a plus.
* Experience with Electro coagulation wastewater treatment systems a plus.
* Experience in lean culture development and lean tool implementation required.
* Ability to effectively deploy resources to key priorities
* Sets high expectations (driven by metrics and countermeasures) for self and the organization
* Ability and passion to rapidly learn and utilize the business system and achieve objectives
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written and the ability to effectively communicate throughout all levels of the organization.
* Autonomous and self-directed
* High degree of credibility and integrity
* Strong analytical skills, project management, process and conceptual skills
* Excellent time management skills
* Demonstrates effective teamwork & communication
* Operates in accordance with Stanley Black & Decker Values
* Fully supports SFS (Stanley Fulfillment System) principles & objectives
* Hands on planning and execution of responsibilities and directives
* Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.