- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Facilities HVAC Technician
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Responsible to safely operate, maintain, modify, install and repair all the client's facilities heating, ventilation, air-conditioning (HVAC) equipment, duct work, controls, exhaust equipment and Building Automation Systems (BAS). Support management in coordinating and prioritizing work orders, perform work tasks assigned, works with other maintenance personnel and complete tasks in a timely manner and to skill set standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Performs all assignments in accordance with C&W Services approved procedures
* Install, repair, adjust, service and maintain electric or pneumatic control systems used for building heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems and equipment, including calibration of related instruments, gauges and control components
* HVAC units and ductwork are cleaned just prior to replacement of bag filters.
* Dust collection (wet/dry), central vacuum, return registers are cleaned annually.
* Respond to occupant complaints concerning space comfort levels in a timely manner.
* Troubleshoot and perform preventive maintenance and repairs to the existing direct digital electrical and pneumatic control system(s) and components of the HVAC equipment.
* Conduct repairs, preventive maintenance, seasonal tear downs and major rebuilds of chillers, boilers, air handlers, and other HVAC equipment.
* Monitor all buildings tied energy management system to detect and correct failures before occupant discomfort results.
* Maintain CFC equipment and usage logs and assist in developing a CFC phase-out plan.
* Monitor water treatment program for HVAC equipment.
* Assist with operation of the existing energy management and control systems in order to monitor and control all facilities space temperatures.
* Monitor through energy consumption reports the effectiveness of the preventive maintenance effort and suggest improvements or modifications.
* Analyze buildings and operations to determine the optimum utilization of HVAC.
* Familiarization with Building Automation System
* Maintain HVAC equipment on an ongoing basis as part of the facilities preventive maintenance program
* Adhere to established HVAC work order preventive maintenance schedule
* Install duct work, refrigeration piping, air conditioning units, and exhaust equipment
* Install, operate, service and repair conventional mechanical refrigeration/air conditioning equipment including general purpose air conditioning equipment
* Conduct necessary troubleshooting and testing of equipment to determine malfunctions or causes of breakdown; remove and replace faulty parts, sub-assemblies and major components; re-test repaired equipment and make adjustments for proper operation
* Works safely at all times and promptly informs management about unsafe conditions existing in the work area
* Must maintain a consistent and good attendance record in accordance with Company policy
* Perform other tasks as assigned by Supervisor
NON ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / DUTIES:
* Coordinate and make required modifications to HVAC systems to satisfactorily support all relocations/moves
* Operate, evaluate, and set efficient parameters for the energy management systems to achieve maximum efficiency and cost savings
* Continually evaluate new equipment and ideas to maximize efficiency and cost savings
* Respond to all Hot/Cold calls and execute monitoring and provide effective response
* Recommend ordering of necessary parts and supplies for maintenance work
* Advise appropriate personnel of any system or building discrepancies discovered which are causing uncomfortable or unhealthy environmental conditions, or inefficient system operation
* Assist in the development and administration of Standard Operating Procedures
* Respond to emergency calls outside of scheduled work hours
* Education: Possess a high school degree or an approved GED.
* Experience: Three (3) years' experience in industrial HVAC/refrigeration maintenance and repairs preferred.
* Certification: EPA Certificate - Universal Technician.
* General knowledge of HVAC, DC, and CV Systems - differences in designs of systems (recirculating, 100% OA, hot deck/cold deck)
* General knowledge of sequence of operations, temperature, humidity, differential pressure, current detection and other status proving devices
* General knowledge of variable frequency drives, valves actuators, damper actuators, and E/P transducers, of DDC controller operation, set-up, and power/control wiring
* Basic knowledge of pneumatic controls operation & set-up including pneumatic signals and actuator spring ranges, panel schematics, device layout drawings, and panel point spreadsheet
* General knowledge of temperature, humidity, differential pressure devices, and light towers, DX9100 operation, set-up, and power/control wiring
* Troubleshoot out of spec conditions via sequence of operations & other documentation to determine root cause
* Replacement and set-up of temperature, humidity, differential pressure, current detection and other status proving devices
* Basic testing (external to programming) and troubleshooting of digital output devices i.e. electrical interlocks, 2-position pneumatic switches
* Basic testing (external to programming) and calibration of analog output devices i.e. pneumatic/electric actuators & VFD's
* Troubleshooting and calibration of pneumatic thermostats and zone reheat controls
* Basic understanding, set-up, and troubleshooting of Variable Frequency Drives
* Installation and set-up of temperature, humidity, and differential pressure sensors
* Testing and calibration of sensors (no calibration of Temp)
* Functional testing of control program; Identification of alarm conditions and the type of alarm;
* Troubleshoot to identify if true alarm condition or false alarm
* Capable of brazing and soldering
* Able to take direction, to work with minimal supervision, and to function cooperatively as part of a team
* Ability to plan and organize work and understand the importance of priority of work tasks and the willingness to perform all assigned tasks within their ability
* Willing to continue training to maintain knowledge in the latest equipment and technologies in assigned duties
* Ability and willingness to work altered shift, if necessary, including days, evenings, and nights as well as overtime, weekends and holidays, as required
* Able to operate, Scissors Lifts, Boom Lifts (JLG Type), and others as required
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A leader in facilities services with 65 years of experience. C&W Services is one of the largest facility services companies in the USA & Canada with a 65-year history of helping clients drive down operating expenses, increase facility efficiency and up-time, enable strategic business decisions and create positive experiences for the people who work, shop, learn, live and play in the facilities we maintain. We're building the best team in the industry - our people are the heart and vitality of C&W Services. In joining C&W Services, you're joining a firm with a rich history, blue-chip client list, and the backing of sister company Cushman & Wakefield, one of the world's largest property advisory firms and the reason for our success is simple: talente