Facilities Maintenance Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Cushman & Wakefield
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Location: Cincinnati, OH
* Sun, Mon, Tues and every other Saturday 6:30pm-6:30am
Inspect, troubleshoot, repair, test, and maintain all types of BAS, HVAC, electrical, lighting, fire, life, safety, and facility systems and provide facility maintenance services including carpentry, plumbing, painting, landscaping, snow removal, shipping / receiving, and CMMS system data entry to maintain client's building infrastructure and grounds in a manufacturing/Industrial environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Performs a variety of duties in maintaining, repairing, and renovating plant and facilities.
* Assists in making decisions on all normal and minor repairs and reports major problems to the Maintenance Supervisor.
* Ability to read blueprint or model to learn work layout or plans own work layout, making routine computations as needed.
* Constructs, finishes, installs, maintain, and repairs equipment, systems, and facilities related to any craft or combination of same, using power and hand tools and other necessary equipment.
* Performs a variety secondary disciplined work in various crafts such as carpentry, plumbing, welding, painting, electrical work, sheet metal work, masonry, machinist work, etc.
* Cleans, lubricates, services, repairs, installs, and diagnoses malfunction of plant and specialty equipment.
* Typical tasks performed; repair/replace ceiling tiles, move equipment, assemble furniture and equipment, install signs, maintain grounds/entrances/landscapes, patch minor wall damage; paint, and repair wallpaper; replace filters in air handler units; adjust cabinets; replace lamps, ballasts, cord ends, switches, and receptacles; repair drains using appropriate equipment including electric sewer auger; install cove base, hand rail, and shelving, etc.
* Plans installations, layout, fabricates, recommends material and alternate methods of installation.
* Works safely at all times and promptly informs management about unsafe conditions existing in the work area
* Must maintain a consistent and good attendance record in accordance with Company policy
* Perform other tasks as assigned by Supervisor
NON ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / DUTIES:
* Basic ability to identify system failures and troubleshoot equipment to restore to operation or contain problem.
* Can work alone to solve problems, and when called upon can take the lead on a given job with another technicians.
* Maintains shops, mechanical spaces, faculty and staff areas in assigned zone, in a clean and safe manner.
* Responds to emergency problems and makes emergency repairs as needed.
* Provides the various skills required to maintain the systems, equipment and facilities, in a clean, safe operating condition in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations and published regulations.
* Maintains logs, performs rounds, complete preventive maintenance work orders, tests, and inspections in assigned campus zone. Makes recommendations for modification or improvement of preventive maintenance system.
* Operates motor vehicles
QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, skills and/or abilities) :
* Have mechanical aptitude and capable of working independent of supervision under own initiative.
* Must have the ability to interpret basic wiring and mechanical schematics.
* A working knowledge of the operation of sprinkler / standpipes and related fire protection systems is desired.
A leader in facilities services with 65 years of experience. C&W Services is one of the largest facility services companies in the USA & Canada with a 65-year history of helping clients drive down operating expenses, increase facility efficiency and up-time, enable strategic business decisions and create positive experiences for the people who work, shop, learn, live and play in the facilities we maintain. We're building the best team in the industry - our people are the heart and vitality of C&W Services. In joining C&W Services, you're joining a firm with a rich history, blue-chip client list, and the backing of sister company Cushman & Wakefield, one of the world's largest property advisory firms and the reason for our success is simple: talented people. Visit our website at: http://cwservices.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.