Facilities Maintenance Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Cushman & Wakefield
West Hills, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Location: West Hills, CA
Responsible for performing preventative maintenance, repairs and efficient operation of all mechanical systems and other tasks that may be assigned in the most efficient and workmanlike manner commensurate with his/her training and capabilities in the best interest of C&W Services to serve its customers. Responsible for maintaining the quality and quantity of his/her work up to acceptable Company standards and in accordance with established policies. Responsible for representing C&W Services to the customer and the general public in a manner that promotes good relationships.
* Reports to C&W Services Chief Engineer.
* Responsible to tradesperson when assigned to him/her for specific work.
* Cooperate with and assist others in a common effort to promote good will and company growth.
* Perform additional duties as requested by the Chief Engineer or client Facility Manager.
* Start up and secure equipment as requested by his/her Chief Engineer.
* Perform corrective maintenance and repair of plumbing, basic carpentry, specialty items such as doors, locks, door closures, furniture or whatever general maintenance work is required.
* Respond to trouble calls and work requests as required.
* Work as a second man with any tradesperson
* Perform preventive maintenance work in its entirety, including repairing and maintaining the necessary electronic records consistent with the CMMS in the building
* Train or familiarize with the building any employees assigned to him/her.
* Repair or make recommendations to Chief Engineer on any defective equipment in his/her area of responsibility.
* Keep accurate time/hours via CMMS work orders
* Assist in all energy conservation projects.
* Make periodic building rounds to check all HVAC equipment and keep accurate log sheets.
* Maintain CMMS work orders for work done, materials used, and hours spent.
* Clear work stations on a regular basis.
* Assure high work standard as a C&W Services representative.
* Safety Duties: Ensure safe working conditions are being maintained in areas under his/her care. Report safety violations to supervisor.
* Minimum five years direct experience in commercial office building operations and maintenance.
* High school diploma or equivalent with technical school certification.
* Strong practical knowledge of commercial HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems and equipment.
* Ability to perform basic general maintenance, i.e. light carpentry, painting, minor electrical, locksmithing
* Proven ability to read, interpret and work from blue prints, schematics, diagrams, etc.
* Proven knowledge of current issues relating to building operations and maintenance, including CFC, IAQ, etc.
* Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
A leader in facilities services with 65 years of experience. C&W Services is one of the largest facility services companies in the USA & Canada with a 65-year history of helping clients drive down operating expenses, increase facility efficiency and up-time, enable strategic business decisions and create positive experiences for the people who work, shop, learn, live and play in the facilities we maintain. We're building the best team in the industry - our people are the heart and vitality of C&W Services. In joining C&W Services, you're joining a firm with a rich history, blue-chip client list, and the backing of sister company Cushman & Wakefield, one of the world's largest property advisory firms and the reason for our success is simple: talented people. Visit our website at:http://cwservices.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.