Facilities Maintenance Technician (1st shift)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION SUMMARY:
The Facilities Maintenance Technician operates as team member of the plant Facilities group. Performs routine maintenance and repairs on all equipment, base building and grounds.
This position fully supports and embraces safety and quality initiatives of our distribution Facility.
* Monitors and maintains all necessary maintenance parts and supplies
* Monitors and maintains the plant fire sprinkler system, including fire pump, various system instruments and controls, and the alarm monitoring panel.
* Supports and embraces an interdependent safety culture and work proactively to accomplish the plants safety mission of zero accidents.
* Supports and embraces the Quality and Environmental missions of the plants.
* Performs preventative maintenance work orders generated from a CMMS system.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Previous experience in facilities maintenance.
* PC knowledge; Word, Excel, Outlook.
* Ability to read and utilize process flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams, and general blueprints.
* Experience in a commercial and industrial environment, including battery charging, forklifts, electrical panels and lighting.
* General knowledge of pertinent OSHA rules and regulation.
* General knowledge of plumbing, painting, carpentry, and fabrication is essential.
* General knowledge of HVAC, alarm systems, locks and door hardware.
* Must be able to work overtime including weekends.
* Must be available on an after hour on-call basis.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Ability to interact with warehouse personnel and all levels of management.
* Must have good organizational skills with both paperwork and the inventory of parts and equipment.
* Must be able to handle multiple projects and prioritize daily workloads.