Facilities Manager 8/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Leadership position responsible for managing the processes, facilities and services that support all operational and maintenance services for Milwaukee Tool's Brookfield locations. These include but are not limited to: Maintaining building and grounds operations, directing activities of independent contractors/facilities personnel, and operating and maintaining facilities/equipment in accordance with departmental and company guidelines and standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provides visionary leadership through planning, organizing, and coordinating capital maintenance improvements and operational activities.
* Viewed as a resource for issues involving all things related to the facilities, grounds, and making the work space effective.
* Assesses long term building maintenance and renovation needs and plans. Create capital improvement plan and any associated project plans in partnership with other departments.
* Writes RFPs and puts contracts to bid, negotiates contracts with vendors including all follow up communications.
* Identifies current and future facilities requirements by inspecting facilities and equipment to determine need and extent of service and/or equipment required. Reports maintenance observations by notifying management concerning the need for major repairs.
* Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions; maintaining a safe and clean building.
* Orient, train/develop, motivate, counsel and assist maintenance team members in work instructions and problem resolution.
* Initiates, evaluates and develops partnerships with key suppliers for maintenance (security, janitorial, landscaping, etc.)
* Coordinate and work with HR on all employee/employment related issues and Activities (i.e. hire termination, training, and performances.
* Coordinate and work with Regulatory on safety related concerns and responsible for implementing policies and procedures.
* Help develop budgets and forecasts with consideration to continued expense reduction.
* Develop and maintain project/service ticket systems and measure and track key process information used to direct resources.
* Ensure the transfer of information to appropriate shift and plant wide personnel.
* Provide analysis and recommendations for equipment repair and maintenance projects.
Education and Experience Requirements:
* Bachelor's Degree in management, engineering or related field preferred.
* Minimum of ten years maintenance and/or facilities experience.
* Must have leadership/supervisory experience.
* Must have excellent verbal and written communication, Organizational and interpersonal skills.
* Must have demonstrated knowledge in key maintenance systems.
JNCODE: JN017, JN037