This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
* Intermediate to advanced proficiencies in building trades including painting, wallpapering, plumbing, seating, and equipment repair.
* Demonstrated administrative and follow up skills to achieve successful maintenance and repair programs.
* Work well with supervisors, peers, subordinates, guests, vendors and corporate partners.
* Strong communication skills including the ability to provide clear and concise details regarding building issues.
* Proven ability to lead teams and achieve results through resources.
* Proficiency in MS Suite.
* Perform daily, weekly, and monthly building inspections with a high attention to detail to identify necessary repairs.
* Perform routine maintenance and timely repairs in the areas of painting, carpentry, plumbing, food and beverage equipment, seating and all related building components.
* Oversee vendor activities that include the scheduling of repair and maintenance needs as required; closely monitor progress to ensure quality of work.
* Provide constant attention to all life safety issues; ensure building emergency systems are operational through in-house inspections and vendor maintenance contracts.
* Inspect and provide direction and follow-up with janitorial service provider and/or regarding cleaning issues that do not meet AMC standards.
* Report all facility issues that are not immediately repairable to the theatre General Manager and seek technical support from the AMC Facility Engineer as applicable.
* Ensure consistent maintenance and repair methods for all building components.
* Develop routine systems to ensure constant monitoring of problem areas.
* Work with General Manager to ensure Film Crew procedures support an environment that is clean, safe, and in good repair for both associates and guests.
* Understand and track theatre Variable Operating Expenses (VOE) related to maintenance, repairs, and supplies.
* Follow instructions on safe use of all chemicals/cleaning materials.
* Perform tasks with tools, ladders, and lifts in a safe and effective manner.
* Ability to work and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
* Provide training support for the market as directed.
* Uphold AMC's Business Practice Standards and follow all established company policies and procedures.
* Maintain regular personal attendance for all scheduled shifts per the Management Work Schedule Policy.
* Complete all other functions and assignments as assigned by the General Manager/Senior Manager (where applicable).
* Provided by Theatre: AMC-issued shirt, black pants, black belt, nametag.
* Provided by Associate: Black shoes, socks.* Age 18 or older; other location-specific age requirements may apply.
* Six months of supervisory or commensurate leadership experience.
Requirements to be performed, with or without reasonable accommodation:
* Standing, walking, lifting, twisting, and bending on a frequent basis.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and carry it up to 90 feet (or deposit into dumpster or trash compactor).AMC amazing. That s the promise we deliver to nearly 20,000 AMC associates and 200 million guests each year. We focus on delivering friendly, superior service to our guests. We lead by example, giving back to the communities we live and work in while having fun. If you feel motivated and energized by this company culture, and if you can name your five favorite movies in the next 30 seconds, then AMC may be the right place for you.AMC has propelled industry innovation since 1920, and we continue to innovate by delivering premium sight and sound, new and improved food and beverage options, and diverse content in our state-of-the-art theatres. We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and an environment that encourages teamwork, inclusion, collaboration and results.Implement and oversee all building-related programs and procedures that support the Facility standards of clean, safe, and in good repair.