This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COMPANY:
1015 Cubic Corporation
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Manages and coordinates the implementation of facility projects from small office and lab modifications, to larger tenant improvements and new building construction. Responsible for receiving project requests, reviewing feasibility, planning, defining scope and requirements, appropriating funding, developing and scheduling team responsibilities, managing project schedules and budgets, solving project issues, ensuring quality and compliance to specifications, and providing written communications. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Review requests for facility improvements, determine feasibility and estimate cost;
* Prepare requests for funding with details and justifications;
* Manage and/or plan and analyze conceptual design and preconstruction activities;
* Oversee and review the development of architectural and engineering construction drawings and bid documents;
* Draft, review, communicate and enforce contractual documents for design and construction professionals;
* Ensure that all Contractors and Subcontractors have current proper insurance coverage as required, as well as naming Cubic Corporation as an additional insured on the Acord insurance certificate
* Serve as liaison between Cubic departments, subsidiaries and design and construction professionals;
* Meet with Cubic executives and teams, city officials, contractors, architects, engineers and consultants to present the project status and anticipate issues;
* Anticipate potential changes to budget or schedule and provide guidance on the review and analysis of changes when presented;
* Coordinate with internal resources (Facility Managers and craftsmen) and Buyers as required;
* Develop and monitor project budget and schedule, including updating and maintaining web based updates for internal communications;
* Provide analysis and management of budgets and schedules and their effect on the financial objectives of the project;
* Review contractor and vendor onsite activities to verify they are in contractual compliance with design specifications, schedules and workmanship standards;
* Safety management and compliance
* Manage the issuance of contracts, purchase orders and approve and process scheduled progress draw packages for payment;
* Manage the whole partial and final lien release process for Contractors and Subcontractors related to progress and final payments
* Manage the project close out process to successful completion;
* Observe and report on construction process and construction related issues;
* Prepare documentation for analysis and review of specific issues;
* Establish, direct and/or document project meetings;
* Develop and complete project specific tasks as required to meet or exceed company expectations;
* Support after hour emergencies as required.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Four-year college degree, or equivalent, in construction, architecture, or engineering, plus a minimum of eight years progressive experience in a medium to large corporate facility including three years leadership experience and directly related development and/or project management experience. Experience in facilities management and strategic real estate planning desired. Must be a team player. Contractor s license preferred. Knowledge and understanding of project controls, project management, construction documentation and sequencing is important, along with a working knowledge of alternate materials/methods; construction costs, value-engineering techniques and Building/Occupancy laws and lease requirements. The ability to maintain professionalism in the face of deadlines; exhibit good listening, negotiation and problem solving skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to deal tactfully and courteously with all levels of employees. Excellent time management, communication, organization and personal effectiveness skills, as well as good computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Project), AutoCAD, and web-based project management tools. Valid California driver s license and current automobile insurance coverage (minimum state limits). Physical ability to walk, stand, bend, kneel, climb and work in limited spaces. Ability to use ladders and scaffolds, and access roof and tower areas.