Facilities Manager - TPM
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Winston Salem, NC
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Maintenance Manager assists in the completion of the day to day activities involving the maintenance of the building/facility, production equipment and machinery, including, but not limited to HVAC, lighting systems, plant machinery and production lines, grounds keeping, security, and overall facility appearance. This position supervises and coordinates the work of employees who repair and maintain the building/facility, and production equipment and machinery in the plant. This position plays a key role in establishing and maintaining Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) in ensuring that COMPANY's Key Performance Indicators are implemented.
* Prepares work schedules, assigns work and oversees the work product while minimizing overtime and call-in hours in accordance with COMPANY's Mission Statement, goals and objectives, and KEY Performance Indicators.
* Develops and maintains a preventative maintenance program (TPM) for applicable machinery and equipment, and the building and grounds within the confines of an annual budget, and tracks maintenance downtime. Develops and/or works with Continuous Improvement Managers and Teams where applicable.
* Arranges for, coordinates, and manages appropriate third-party contractor support as needed. Will work with Plant Manager, Engineering and Logistics personnel as needed.
* Defines critical spare parts based on TPM analysis (Time to failure, cost, lead time, etc.) for critical equipment to maintain KPI performance.
* Prepares Maintenance budget and secures estimates and cost quotes as needed.
* Keeps up on technological changes relative to KPI's for SQDCI, and maintains up-to-date records for all local, state and federal mandates and inspections.
* Enforces sound safety and housekeeping practices, which may include hazardous waste disposal programs. Plays key role on internal plant Safety Teams.
* Prepares and maintains maintenance reports (including critical TPM and loss time improvement activities) for the Plant Manager and other appropriate managerial personnel. Makes recommendations where applicable.
* Works with other plant managerial personnel to effectively maintain existing plant facilities and equipment, replaces, and/or makes recommendations and adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary in accordance with SQDCI, TPS, and CI initiatives and activities.
* Provides training for new and existing employees as directed by the PM.
* May conduct performance evaluations of subordinates and make recommendations for salary adjustments to the Plant Manager in accordance with Corporate Policies and Procedures, consistent with COMPANY's KPI's.
* Assists in the selection of new hires, employee coaching and disciplinary issues.
* May perform other or specified duties as directed by the PM, Assistant Plant Manager, Production Manager, or other appropriate supervisory personnel.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within the department.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's Degree in Business or a related field. Mechanical engineering degree, preferred.
* 5 - 10years of experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the mechanical or construction products industry.
* An equivalent combination of education/trade schooling, certifications, and experience may be substituted for a college degree at the discretion of management.
* 1 - 3years of supervisory experience.
* Documented TPM leadership in previous work for minimum of 2years.
* Knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, masonry, electrical, machine repair and maintenance, plant layout, safety, painting and janitorial experience.
* Familiarity with associated hand/power tools in the disciplines above required.
* Strong knowledge of plant/OSHA health and safety standards and compliance, and a fundamental understanding of applicable governmental regulations.
* Advanced knowledge of maintenance programs as they relate to plant and corporate KPI's, inclusive of SQDCI, TPS, and Continuous Improvement activities and initiatives.
* A fundamental understanding of Lean manufacturing concepts.
* Sound technical, leadership, teamwork, decision making, problem solving, and organizational skills required.
Resume to VP Bobby Wren at firstname.lastname@example.org