This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
Palo Alto, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
Auto Req ID
We are currently seeking a Planner/Scheduler Associate to join our Facilities Merck Account team located in the Bay Area.
The Planner/Scheduler Associate position will assist with driving the execution of JLL Facilities and some EHS initiatives. This position supports multiple client accounts and locations including Palo Alto, San Francisco and South San Francisco. The position requires the ability to prioritize and plan work activities accordingly and develop action plans to meet ever-changing demands or priorities.
* Coordinate with Senior Chief Engineer to plan and schedule vendors for day-to-day site services to ensure the best utilization of resources while meeting project deadlines.
* Confirm dates for future work including PM s or special projects with vendors and contractors.
* Ensure vendors/contractors have all qualifications to perform work on site per site SOPs.
* Obtain quotes as needed for PM and project work.
* Working closely with EHS Manager:
* Create/Review/approve JSA s Job Hazard Analyses, General Work Permits and other permits for defined critical tasks working closely with EHS Manager.
* Create/Review/approve Contractor ECP HECP s (Hazardous Energy Control Procedures).
* Confirm vendor permit paperwork including Job Hazard Analysis JHA s, General Work, High Risk, Line Break, Confined Space, Hot Work and LOTO permits are filled out correctly prior to job work as well as responsible for secondary sign-off of all permit paperwork.
* Maintain a collaborative partnership with client(s) EHS organization.
* Track and obtain approvals for chemical use and SDS approval. Maintain SDS database (Dolphin) to ensure it is current and up to date.
* Inspect vendor operations using prescribed protocols and complete Form 5 monthly.
* Collaborate with JLL vendor partners to ensure they operate their businesses in compliance with Client(s) and JLL requirements while on-site.
* Maintain OPS drive database by uploading monthly reports to various files. Ensuring all pertinent information is gathered and recorded.
* Conduct vendor training and site specific trainings as required.
* Develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and EHS Management Systems assuring EHS compliance. Including the editing or revising of SOP s as needed.
* Perform hazard assessments and evaluations; implement risk reduction/mitigation strategies as appropriate in the form of Safety Walks under the direction of the Facility Manager.
* Support or lead incident investigations including root cause analysis if required.
* Provide EHS performance data contributing to site-wide EHS performance dashboard.
* Backup to Facility Coordinator when needed.
* Assist EHS Manager as needed.
* Perform site audit walks with contractors as needed.
* Assist in oversight of warehouse and inventory controls by maximizing resources identifying parts, materials, special tools, external services, rentals and documentation by establishing, maintaining and improving the maintenance planning and scheduling workflow and process.
* Supports the maintenance manager in the development and implementation of planned shutdown and other continuous improvement projects.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High School diploma.
* Materials Management experience a plus.
* Minimum of 2 years of experience in scheduling or office management, preferably within facility operations.
* EHS experience in pharmaceutical, construction, chemical, research or maintenance operations is highly desirable.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
* Relevant professional certifications a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Success working with subcontractors/vendors supporting mutual safety objectives.
* Proven track record of success executing high hazard prevention programs; specifically: LO/TO, electrical safety, confined space entry and fall protection.
* Attend and pass any testing from trainings.
* Maintain any credentials or certifications as required by code or law.
* Computer skills are a must, with knowledge of MS Suite.
* Knowledge of State/Federal EPA and CAL/OSHA compliance requirements.
* Must have the ability to work effectively with computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) and instruct others on its operation.
* Work with 360 or other work order system.
* Demonstrated skills in time management and managing multiple priorities.
* Critical thinking skills and ability to constructively resolve conflicts.
* High energy, resilience, bias for action, adaptability, and a passion for excellence.
* Must be able to work extended hours, weekends as needed, especially when problems occur or when deadlines must be met.
* Some travel will be required.
* While performing the duties of this job, will regularly have potential exposure to hazardous chemicals, wet or humid conditions, outdoor weather, noisy, and a sometimes dusty environment.
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL s investment in employees needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at http://www.us.jll.com/united-states/en-us/pages/careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Job 43760BR
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and