Facilities Sr. Manager 8/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Role Purpose
Responsible for managing the development, cost control, engineering, modification, and quality control of facility assets and associated processes to achieve maximum efficiency and utilization. Accountable for the operational readiness and sustainability of the campus by directing staff and overseeing the upkeep of equipment; buildings and grounds in order to achieve plant production goals. Performs administrative functions with respect to established policies, procedures and methods; recommend changes to improve facility assets, processes, and quality, in an effort to reduce overall facility and company operating costs. Key Responsibilities
Business Planning and Budgeting
* Develop the objectives and budget for the Site that supports the general management of the facility to achieve the targets set by the Division.
* Manage the facility Capital Expenditure process and General Service s budget in support of the company s goals and objectives.This includes strategizing on long-term initiatives to improve site efficiency, reliability, sustainability, capability and capacity
* Prepare pertinent records and reports to satsfy safety and other regulatory requirements.
* Maintaining the efficiency and good working condition of the facility.
* Interface at all levels of the organization to ensure that maintenance work is being performed in accordance with production plans and guidelines.
* Develops relevant metrics to track equipment performance (ie, SPC, OEE) as well as overall site health and risk and regularly presents the status of these metrics to management.
* Initiate intervention to permanently solve problems in the facility.Responsible for ensuring maintenance is effective and timely and delivers strategies that minimize the need for intervention.
* Complies with government regulations and the company s Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policies.
* Recruits facility service staff and trains them appropriately to ensure qualified and competent work output.
* Regularly assess and provide feedback on employee performance.
* Create career path programs such as skill enhancement training and on-going certification.
* Reduce the site reliance on maintenance staff by growing the awareness of autonomous maintenance activities including the proper use and care of equipment and other facilities.
* Plan, direct, monitor, and controls all facility activities to meet all schedules within assigned cost targets and on time.
* Responsible for the operational components of environmental, health, and safety of the facility.
* Deliver the site strategy to improve overall ESH by driving employee engagement and ensuring gaps are identified and addressed on a daily basis.
* Ensure the safety and security of the site from fire, flood, other hazards or threats.
* Responsible for the security of the site including oversight of 3rd party vendors as well as securing external physical aspects and electronic systems.
* Managing and Maintaining buildings and grounds through the Site Custodian document.
* Reviews competitive posture of unit with in-house and /or outside suppliers of similar services and recommends strategies to be the lowest cost, highest quality, on time provider of products or services.
* Participate in the development of policies and procedures that affect the use of supplies and facilities.
* Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed and assigned.
* Create monitoring systems or programs in the institution to detect problems as early as possible.
* Develop and execute system for regular cleaning, repair, and maintenance of facilities and equipment.
* Coordinate with other offices and units for things that are not within the scope of the facilities service team.
* Develop and maintain critical parts stock for all equipment in the facilities.
* Responsible for managing the tactical execution of any equipment transfer into and out of the facility.
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE GUIDELINES:
* Bachelors in Engineering or Facilities Management preferred.
* A minimum of 10 years of experience in leadership positions in a manufacturing and facilities engineering environment.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: N/A
GKN Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants receive consideration without regard to race, age, ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer (minorities/women/veterans/disabled)