Facilities Support Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.
Our name, Zoetis (z -EH-tis), has its root in zo, familiar in words such as zoo and zoology and derived from zoetic, meaning pertaining to life. It signals our company's dedication to supporting the veterinarians and livestock producers everywhere who raise and care for the farm and companion animals on which we all depend.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Working within the Supply Chain Management Logistics environment, performs various duties in support of this group. The responsibilities for this position can encompass the following tasks and activities:
Responsible for the following activities:
* General building (interior & exterior), office, conference room, facility, and warehouse space repairs and maintenance.
* Maintain building lighting, change bulbs and ballasts.
* Complete minor plumbing and restroom fixture repairs.
* HVAC Preventive Maintenance responsibilities
* Completes drywall repair and painting to ensure upkeep of interior walls.
* Moves office furniture, machinery, equipment and other materials as requested.
* Ensure green spaces are maintained properly including snow removal in winter season.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Planning & Scheduling
* Creates and manages efficient preventive maintenance and corrective work order plans
* Collaborates with Corporate Engineering for support in vendor selections and securing estimates for approved work.
* Maintains accuracy with up to date Tasks, Material Lists, Work schedules and other essential work management data.
* Oversees contracted partner: maintenance, buildings, structures, utilities and other facilities / site services.
* Coordinates with vendors and service providers in developing services requirements, job scope, layout and preparing schedules.
* Reviews costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, services and other related costs.
* Monitors construction and installation projects
* Responsible for developing purchase orders for maintenance and related activities.
* Develops, manages, communicates and executes maintenance and project plans.
* Works closely with Operations, Corporate Engineering, Quality, and other internal and external customers to problem solve, resolve issues and ensure that detailed maintenance activity schedules are met.
* Develops and identifies continuous improvement opportunities and leads cross-functional projects in support of plant objectives and goals with an emphasis on lean methodology and consistent with lean principles.
Data Entry & Support
* Collect information, enter data, approve records, and other activities as required to assist the team to ensure GMP compliance.
* Act as a point of contact between the maintenance/technical teams and compliance/QA for providing technical support.
* High school diploma / general education degree (GED); Associate Degree (preferred) in Engineering, Electrical or Mechanical with 3 - 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office, Outlook, and internet research skills. SAP experience a plus.
* Proven track record of identifying opportunities and the ability to recommend and implement improvements.
* Strong interpersonal, teamwork and problem solving skills. Motivated, self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Provide solutions to routine problems following established corporate policies and procedures.
* Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills.
* Knowledge of good manufacturing practices.
* Climbing, walking on uneven surfaces, manual dexterity, lifting within EHS guidelines.
Use of appropriate PPE when required.