This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONFacilities TechnicianJob ID:
Facilities Technician Job Code:
SIS20161108-13510 Job Location:
Rochester NY Job Description:
Ensure daily interface with local workload coordinator for work assignments and priorities. Responsible for maintaining and supporting facilities in any or all of the following duties:
minor repairs or modifications, conference room set-up, replacing overhead light bulbs, ceiling tiles, mounting pictures, bulletin boards, signage, miscellaneous building repairs and minor installations, including wall repairs, painting, perform basic fabrication and machining for small parts, brackets; snow removal at building entrances/exits. Performs building code inspection to include Fire prevention systems, OSHA and regulatory required inspections, maintain all documentation and procedures relating to inspections. Follows applicable quality systems and safety procedures related to safe work practices. Regularly interface with internal customers and achieve a high level of customer satisfaction. Qualifications:* High School and 0-3 years of experience
* Must have experience working with hand and power tools
* Must have basic knowledge of maintenance systems and spare parts, ability to make a variety of repairs, installations and to write and follow procedures, specify and order replacement components and supplies
* Must have computer skills to include E-mail, Internet, and internal maintenance data and planning systems
* Have solid troubleshooting skills, be self-motivated, and possess a strong customer focus and good people interaction skills
* Must assist other technicians with task execution to continually develop multi-disciplined technical skillsPreferred Additional Skills:* Preferred experience - Mechanical and electrical service work performed in clean manufacturing and or assemble environment.
* Soft skills - Must work well individually and in a team environment, be a creative problem solver, detail oriented, safety-minded and have good time management skills. Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise Engineering Education High School (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - NY - Rochester .