Facility Assessor 9/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world.
Cardno is seeking a Facility Assessor in multiple US offices, Jacksonville, Annapolis, or Washington DC.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform assessments of client facilities using professional expertise and judgment to determine physical condition and conformance with specifications and building codes
- Develop cost estimates for construction, repair, and equipment replacement projects from RS Means cost data
- Use computer tablets with built-in cameras to document mechanical or electrical equipment and subcomponents encountered during assessments, including justification of physical condition assessment evaluation
- Work under direct supervision and in accordance with instructions and standards
- Inspect a wide variety of facilities and systems, from relatively small and simple to very large and complex
- Knowledge of one or more building systems
- 5 years of experience
- Experience using tablet computers and facility condition assessment software
- Good technical writing skills required
- Good mathematical aptitude required
- Ability to travel, 50% or more
- Degree in architecture, engineering, construction management, or other applicable field
- ICC certification
- ASHRAE Level I and Level II energy auditor
* Please Note that selected candidates will be required to pass a drug, background and reference screening.
Cardno is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer