Facility Maintenance Engineer 9/8/2016
P1 Group Inc.
Kansas City, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are seeking qualified candidates for Building Maintenance Engineers for Saint Luke\'s Hospital of Kansas City. The different positions, shifts and locations are listed below:
Saint Luke s Hospital of Kansas City - Plaza, 2ND Shift working 2:30PM-11:00PM, Tuesday through Saturday.
* Must have a Minimum of 3+ years experience as a Facility Maintenance Engineer/Technician.
* Technical degree in HVAC, Plant Operation or Electrical is preferred but is not required.
* Intermediate level of knowledge on HVAC/Metasys, mechanical, plumbing, plant operation and electrical equipment.
* Must have a CFC Universal certification for safe handling of refrigerants.
* Class A Operating Engineers license a plus but is not required.
* Experience with Plant Operations, Fire systems (sprinklers;parts & pieces), air handlers, steam boilers, heating boiler operation, start/stop, tear down and inspect and be knowledgeable of related equipment , chiller plant, water softener, closed loops, cooling tower, boiler water chemical testing and treating.
* The candidate must have knowledge of Emergency Generator and ATS s to perform preventive maintenance and load test.
* The candidate must be proficient in Chill water systems, primary and secondary loops. be able to bring chillers on and offline including absorption chillers and perform scheduled preventive maintenance.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Must be able to satisfactorily pass a criminal background check.
* Must be able to satisfactorily pass a motor vehicle record check. Must be able to meet P1 Group qualifications to operate a vehicle on company business. Must be at least 18 years of age. Must possess a valid driver s license. Must have access to drive a well maintained vehicle. Must have up to date registration with the local Department of Motor Vehicles. Both the candidate and the vehicle must be currently covered on a personal insurance policy.
* This job site does not hire people who use tobacco in any form. Any misrepresentation on the employment application with regard to current tobacco use, or if you become a tobacco user once employed, will be cause for immediate dismissal from employment. Candidates must certify that they do not use any tobacco products in order to be eligible for this position.
* Annual flu vaccination is required!
* Inspects and diagnose mechanical and electrical equipment, ATS s, will be using a variety of tools and instrument, May need to reset and rack Main Breakers in and out
* Performs specified preventative maintenance including belt adjustments, oiling, greasing and cleaning of equipment.
* Ability to oversee and work on the utility distribution, fire system, tube system equipment as needed.
* Performs prescribed non-destructive tests; collect and deliver samples for analysis.
* Interprets engineering drawings in reference to layout, location and operation of the system(s)
* The candidate reports directly to the Lead Engineer and is responsible for keeping him or her informed about the project s productivity and profitability and about any personnel, leadership, financial, or legal issues.
* Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations
* Performs all work in accordance with established code and safety procedures
About our company
Since 1919, P1 Group, Inc. has created a proud tradition, outstanding reputation and proven performance record in the electrical and mechanical construction and building service industries. P1 Group has established itself as one of the premier contractors both locally and across the nation. Offering a challenging and fast-paced work environment, P1 Group takes pride in its ability to maintain a high standard of excellence along with an ethical and friendly business culture. Additionally, the safety program, which includes a full-time staff, has helped the company win numerous national safety awards.
P1 Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.