Facility Manager 8/10/2016
Palo Alto, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Us: EMCOR Facility Services ( EFS) provides full spectrum facility services to public and private sectors of nearly every market. Managing more than 1 billion square feet worldwide, our people have the optimal blend of capabilities and technical expertise to help clients achieve the highest levels of performance.
Job Title: Facility Manager
Job Summary: EFS is anticipating significant growth in the California region and is seeking a Facility Manager in Palo Alto, CA. The successful candidate will oversee day-to-day facility operations and maintenance of medical and business facilities that require a combination of dedicated in-house staff and truck based servicing approaches. Localized travel is possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Reports to the EMCOR Regional Manager, reporting to the Regional Manager on all aspects of facility management for facilities assigned to the Facility Manager
* Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports
* Serves as liaison with contractors, architects, engineers, regulatory agencies, material and equipment suppliers, and other parties as required
* Develops multi-year facility operations and maintenance plans in accordance with customer objectives
* Manages and oversees facility specific operations and maintenance processes and procedures overseeing day-to-day performance of various on-site and truck based work crews
* Plans, organizes and controls functions and activities of space planning, renovations, projects, building of new facilities and grounds
* Plans, coordinates and monitors the renovation and modification of existing facilities, or construction and development of new physical facilities
* Develops and implements facility specific operations and maintenance processes as required
* Makes employee assignments in accordance with Collective Bargaining Agreements provisions and ensures that the various work teams are effectively staffed with qualified personnel
* Evaluates schedules to deconflict work assignments where there are task and resource conflicts
* Prepares reports documenting operations and maintenance performance submitting to EMCOR Regional Manager
* Responsible for the cost, schedule, and technical performance for the facility under the manager s control including responding to urgent and emergency situations and exercises
* Acts as primary customer contact for customers located within the facility, meeting with the customers to review schedules and cost and technical performance.
* Monitors facility and services metrics, identifying and evaluating emerging issues, and making recommendations to ensure performance to standards
* Ensures Computerized Maintenance Management System is up to date with the latest performance data and that employees are correctly entering data as appropriate
* Identifies the need for additional vendors and subcontractors and coordinates requirements with Supply Chain Management
* Works with Supply Chain Management to establish an inventory strategy that ensures adequate supplies are available to support routine preventive maintenance including long lead items
* Monitors appropriate metrics to ensure performance to plan, making adjustments as necessary to resolve technical and operational issues
* Provides direction, development, and coaching to employees
* Supports the preparation of proposals; business plans; proposal work statements and specifications; operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
* Ensures federal, state, local and corporate policy and regulatory compliance
* Ensures employees are current in skill and regulatory training
* A Bachelor s degree in a technical field with five or more years experience in multi-site facility management overseeing daily operations of teams of varying skill sets and levels
* Successful candidate must have a proven track record in facility operations and management, work team management, schedule management, and customer relations
* Broad based knowledge and experience in facility operations and maintenance, facility systems sustainment, and work management is required
* Experienced in using Maximo based CMMS platforms to manage work control
* Must have solid verbal and written reporting experience
* Outstanding team working skills are required.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled