Facility SupplyChain OR Technician EFL JFK Medical Center PRN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 08751-11916
Parallon Supply Chain Solutions
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES - The OR Supply Chain Technician is responsible for keying, and promptly putting away all supplies within the OR, reviewing and maintaining all Min/Max inventory levels, picking scheduled surgical cases, as well as emergency supply requests. The OR Supply Chain Technician is also responsible for conducting physical inventories of all POU areas according to the defined schedule.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Receive, deliver, and put-away of all OR supplies in an accurate and timely manner, accurately key receiving into the SMART system, and deliver to appropriate department(s), and perform QA random checks on totes per approved policy
* Picking both scheduled and emergent surgical cases
* Is authorized to transport and deliver legend drugs, non-prescription drugs, contrast media and drug-containing devices relative to core competencies of the position
* Performs inventory management for the OR. Evaluates the appropriate Min/Max levels, reviews Min/Max for storeroom stock daily and place orders appropriately. Count par level areas (POU areas) according to schedule. Processes returns appropriately per approved policy.
* If applicable, ensure POU items have the appropriate barcodes, rotate stock to ensure no items are out of date, react appropriately to POU critical point messages and stock outs, provide assistance to the POU Station personnel as well as provide assistance with problems, questions and concerns
* Works flexible, rotating shifts when required
* Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct philosophy and Mission and Value Statement
* Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
This position requires the following minimal requirements:
* Communication communicates clearly and concisely
* Customer orientation establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
* Interpersonal skills able to work effectively with other employees, supervisors, and external parties
* Policies & Procedures demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
* PC skills demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
* Basic skills able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
* Working knowledge of hospital supplies
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED:
* This position requires competence in assessment, treatment, and/or care for the age groups indicated. The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psycho/social, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age for the patients served in his/her assigned service area. The skills and knowledge needed to provide such care may be gained through education, training or experience. Age Groups: Birth - 1 year (infant), 1 - 11 years (pediatric), 12 - 16 years (preschooler), 17 - 64 years (adult), 65 Life Span (geriatric)
* High school diploma or GED is required
* Previous stock clerk experience is helpful. Some hospital supply experience preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS - Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time; sitting for short periods of time. Requires ability to push and pull a variety of carts and material handling equipment. Must be able to climb, stoop, kneel, bend, stretch and reach frequently. Must be able to make substantial movements of the wrists, hands, and fingers. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires ability to touch and differentiate textures and temperatures. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate reports through written and verbal means. Must be able to exert up to 50 lbs. of force and 50 lbs. of force frequently to move objects, and lifting papers or boxes up to 50 lbs. frequently. Work may be performed in an office, patient care areas, as well as, a stockroom/supply room environment. Work may be stressful at times. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
Last Edited: 09/14/2016