Core Faculty - OT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/14/2016
University of St Augustine
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
This full-time faculty position will manage and teach assigned content in the areas for OT. By developing creative, challenging and evidence-based learning opportunities, maintains a class/lab/online environment that is conducive to learning.
monitoring the student s progress;
giving feedback and advisement as necessary;
facilitating student participation in learning activities;
assessing student performance on practical and/or examinations; and
providing data for outcome assessment.
Other duties include advising entry-level students as assigned and establishing and implementing an approved scholarship plan as prescribed by accreditation standards. This includes participating in activities that enhance scholarship and professional development.
As a professional University representative this person participates in university governance, curriculum planning, programmatic and institutional assessment activities, and functions to support development and growth of the institution. This includes supporting the University s mission and core values; modeling professional behaviors inside and outside the classroom setting; and participating in professional development activities to maintain knowledge of contemporary practices in education.
1. Expertise and currency in the area of Occuptional Therapy; additional expertise helpful in assistive technology
2. Excellent organization and time management skills
3. Accountable for actions and outcomes and follows through on commitments
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills
5. Professional role model
6. Provides a nurturing, respectful learning environment with a focus on clinical excellence
7. Responsive to adult learner needs
8. Working knowledge of educational theory and methodology and growth and development
9. Works effectively in a team environment, respectful of the inter-professional approach
10. Provides, accepts and applies constructive feedback
1. Clinical doctorate required.
2. Prior teaching experience preferred
3. Experience in scholarly activity preferred
Faculty - Full time
Laureate Education, Inc. and its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers. EOE.