Faculty Practice Revenue Manager - Revenue Management-FPO (MGR)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/9/2016
University of California - San Francisco Medical Centers
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title
Faculty Practice Revenue Manager - Revenue Management-FPO (MGR)
40 ; 100%
This classification is not represented by a union
Our legacy of unsurpassed patient care and unceasing mission to integrate high-tech medical research with clinical operations has led to our prestigious standing as one of the top 10 hospitals in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report. As a premier health care institution dedicated to advancing health worldwide, UCSF Medical Center can also be the best place to advance and shape your career.
The medical center's employees are one of the most important reasons why we are recognized as one of the nation's best hospitals. To work at UCSF Medical Center is to be part of an institution that provides the highest caliber of care to patients; a nurturing, dynamic and team-oriented atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
UCSF s Department of Anesthesia is one of the largest departments in the School of Medicine at UCSF. The missions of the Department include research (basic and clinical), teaching, patient care and public service. The Department is organized across four sites. The Department of Anesthesia provides anesthesia service for UCSF s four integrated facilities: Moffitt/Long Hospital (preop, inpatient and outpatient), San Francisco General Hospital (inpatient and outpatient, including a very active trauma service), San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center (inpatient and outpatient), and the UCSF/Mt. Zion Medical Center (inpatient and outpatient, including a chronic pain management clinic).
Authority and accountability for the Department rest with the Department Chairman who directs the site Chiefs of Service and mission-based Vice Chairs. The Department is comprised of 110 full-time faculty, 113 clinical without salary faculty, 22 non-faculty academic appointees, 96 ACGME trainees (including interns, residents and fellows), 22 postdoctoral research fellows and 160 staff personnel. The department s annual budget is $73.1 million. The Department has ranked first in NIH funding in six of the last seven years.
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required.
* Supervisory and Personnel Management Experience
* Experience with the principles of continuous improvement
* Knowledge of medical terminology
* Bachelor's degree and three years experience in healthcare or equivalent combination of education and experience ability to analyze complex and non-routine issues requiring innovative solutions; proficiency in Excel, word processing, and computer applications
* Agile learner; effective core values; customer service orientation; interpersonal savvy; functional and technical skills
* Demonstrated financial management skills; proven superior analytical, interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), organizational and problem-solving skills
* Proficiency with computer skills (MAC and PC) Microsoft Office
* In-depth knowledge of hospital and physician billing and reimbursement rules
* Understand the financial goals of both the Department and the Medical Center
* Clear, effective communication skills
* A mature approach to problem-solving for all types of issues
* Skills in using mainframe and desktop computers (Macintosh and PCs)
* Negotiating skills
* Detail orientation
* The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required
* Experience with IDX or comparable professional fee billing system
* Knowledge of healthcare industry financial statistical indicators and Anesthesia and Perioperative Care-related financial benchmarks
Living Pride Standards
* Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center s values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
* Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
* Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
* Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
* Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
* Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
* Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
* Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
* Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
Return to Previous Page