Faculty Support Assistant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
University of California - Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY
Faculty Support Assistant
Department Website URL:
Job Summary Statement:
Under the supervision of the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer and/or designee, provide administrative and clerical services including word processing, organization of events, and coordination of Work-Study students assignments for law school faculty members and for other law school departments and staff as required. Serve as training and troubleshooting resource as required for a group of assigned faculty members to ensure that their work is handled smoothly and efficiently. Coordinate and organize events, including faculty colloquia, workshops, symposia, conferences, and other events. Perform general secretarial and administrative duties which support the teaching and research activities of the law school faculty members. Help in the production of various publications by faculty and other department staff members and administrators as required. Exercise judgment on how to best utilize computer applications and class equipment to help faculty with their needs. Train Work-Study students and coordinate assignments for them to ensure that their work is completed using established departmental policies and procedures.
Percentage of Time:
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
1. Excellent typing skills to prepare and edit correspondence and other documents with speed and accuracy.
2. Advanced knowledge of Windows 7 or Vista and Microsoft Office 2007 applications, such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Access to create complex charts, graphs and PowerPoint for in-class presentations, class materials and manuscripts for publishing.
3. Detailed knowledge in editing correspondence for correct meaning, word usage, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
4. Demonstrated ability to speak clearly, distinctly and diplomatically to obtain or relay concise, relevant information while using correct vocabulary and grammar.
5. Demonstrated ability to accurately understand instructions and to carry out assigned tasks.
6. Interpersonal skills to communicate and interact effectively with individuals from all levels within the organization including, faculty, staff, students, vendors and the public.
7. Ability to work as part of a team collaborating with co-workers to complete tasks.
8. Ability to maintain confidentiality of information with tact and discretion.
9. Demonstrated skill in working independently, organizing workflow, establishing productive work environment, and following through on assignments with minimal supervision.
10. Demonstrated ability to organize and implement the logistical requirements of events, which include workshops, colloquia, symposia, and conferences.
11. Ability to work occasionally during afterhours or on weekends, in connection with an organized event.
12. Ability to meet publisher's requirements to prepare and submit completed manuscripts on a timely basis.
13. Sufficient knowledge of LEXIS/NEXIS legal information services to download cases and/or other legal materials.
Can be trained
14. Skill in operating scanners for OCR applications (Optical Character Recognition) to digitally capture hard copies and extract and store their text into ASCII, Word, and other word processing formats for editing.
Can be trained
15. Ability to post materials online and/or search the Internet for requested information. Ability to create and maintain Internet websites and page.
16. Demonstrated skill in operating office machinery such as the copier, fax machine, printer, scanner, transcriber and computer. Ability to change ink cartridge and/or toner, follow through on maintenance of office machinery and servicing as required.
17. Bachelor's degree.
ADDITIONAL POSTING INFORMATION
CX-Clerical & Allied Services
External Posting Date:
Quicklink To Posting:
Number of Positions:
SPECIAL EMPLOYMENT DESIGNATIONS/ REQUIREMENTS PER UC POLICY
Conflict of Interest:
Continued employment contingent upon completion of satisfactory background investigation.
Certain positions funded by federal contracts/subcontracts requires UCLA to notify job applicants that an E-Verify check will be conducted and the successful candidate must pass the E-Verify check.
More Information No Response
Is this position designated as a mandatory reporter under CANRA* No
Other Special Employment Requirements:
POSITION IS SUBJECT TO PERFORMANCE STANDARDS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY WIDE POLICE POLICIES AND ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURES.
Return to Search Results