Fall 2016 Intern - Accounting/Finance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/4/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Overview
To provide exposure to a variety of accounting and finance functions as well as partner with the Business Office team members in overseeing, processing information and reports used by engineering operations.
* Reconcile Balance Sheet Accounts on a monthly basis including proper documentation and appropriate work papers. Prepares weekly and month end journal entries.
* Maintains fixed asset accounting system for PLXS-ENG AMER including proper accounting and reporting of CIP, depreciation, cash flow, asset audits and provides backup for corporate accounting.
* Prepares weekly and month end journal entries
* Determine invoices to be paid based on due date and discount terms and print checks
* Prepares operational metrics and reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
Skills & Abilities
* Basic computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel
* Basic problem solving and decision making skills
* Basic verbal and written communication skills
Education & Experience
* Enrollment in Bachelors degree program in Accounting, Finance or Business at an accredited college or university is required.
* Experience of less than 1 year is required for this position, assuming education requirements are met. Equivalent industry experience of 1 or more years is highly desirable.
* This is an internship postion from September - March.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Depending on the position and location, some of our customer contracts that are governed by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) may require us to only consider applicants who are US Citizens or permanent residents (green card holders), or have been granted political asylum. Thank you for your understanding.
Working At Plexus
Empowering People, Innovating Solutions, Achieving Excellence
Plexus is a global company that values your growth and development and knows that our success is the direct result of our empowered, hard-working and dedicated people. At Plexus you can push the boundaries of innovation and discover your highest potential. Whether you're an experienced professional or skilled manufacturer looking to expand and enhance your career, a recent graduate ready to make an impact or a student eager to gain hands on internship experience, you can make a difference with us.
At Plexus we provide opportunities for growth and development at every level and encourage all employees to be leaders. The foundation of our culture is built around Our Values and How We Lead behaviors exemplified by our Plexus People: Customer Focus, Relationships & Teamwork, Integrity, Open Communication, Excellence, Prioritize Our People, Solve Problems, Be Courageous, Be Strategic, and Innovate.
Our global operations allow us to attract people with broad and diverse backgrounds from all over the world. Discover why more than 12,500 dedicated individuals choose Plexus as the workplace of choice to grow their careers. Apply today!