Family Academic Support Liaisons - IS-Hoosier
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition Number
Family Academic Support Liaisons - IS-Hoosier
Family Academic Support Liaison INSPIRE THE FUTURE!
Get to know IS-Hoosier!
* Insight School of Indiana
* Behind the Scenes
* A Day in the Life
K is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference.
We pride ourselves on maintaining the highest level of integrity. We have the same high expectations for our employees as we do for the students who are in our programs. These are just a few of the values that make K a great place to work.
The Family Academic Support Liaisons provide a range of services to students and learning coaches in each grade level to build capacity within families to increase their involvement and assist in their student s education. The goal is to provide support for parents of students identified as academically at risk, as well as to collaborate with teachers and parents to ensure student academic achievement, remediation, and successful completion of school (or grade level standards). Homeroom teachers identify students who are struggling academically and then make a referral to the Family Academic Support Liaison for assistance.
* Support new and returning students through the Strong Start process, including:
* a. Assignments to Strong Start students from day 1 of Enrollment Approval
* b. Support all elements of completion of Strong Start tasks
* c. Communication Efforts (email/kmail)
* d. Follow up on non-completion items
* e. Welcome calls (in conjunction with homeroom teacher)
* f. Facilitate orientation session
* g. Hold open office hours Strong Start element completion focus
* Provide 1:1 guidance and support for parents who have students experiencing academic difficulty in mathematics, English/language arts/writing, science, and social studies. Assist in developing an academic remediation (Back on Track) plan for parent and student to follow and provide ongoing support towards completion of plan.
* Facilitate 1:1 training/support and provide academic resources to help parents on best practices for working with their children to improve their student s academic achievement.
* Promote the importance of communication between teachers and parents on an ongoing basis with referred parents and students.
* Collaborate with the teachers, parents, administrators, and other school staff to ascertain students academic needs and create a plan for improvement.
* Confer with teachers and parents for the purpose of assisting in evaluating student progress and/or implementing student objectives.
* Work with the school staff to present school-level academic events, parent workshops and other activities for the purpose of ensuring quality delivery of services.
* Provide research-based strategies to give parents the necessary skills and knowledge to help them communicate effectively with teachers, administrators, and all educators in order to build a partnership to impact student achievement.
* Educate parents to recognize the need for healthy home/school relationships and the DOE Six Requirements on Building Capacity.
* Work with staff in encouraging parents 1:1 to participate in school activities.
* Provide technical assistance relating to parental involvement as needed on the school level.
* Maintain accurate documentation of student performance, progress, needs, and academic supports
* Family Engagement Coordinator (FEC) and Compliance Liaison (CL) duties will apply for our smaller schools.
Are you driven by excellence to deliver instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students individual needs* If selected, you will participate in a comprehensive new teacher training program for three weeks before the start of school. It is an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. During this training you will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12 s learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child s learning.
* Associates degree AND
* One (1) year working with families in a Support Liaison, or equivalent role, developing parent mentors/parent training OR
* Equivalent combination of education and experience
* Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.); Web proficiency.
* Ability to travel 25% of the time
* Ability to pass required background check
* This is a home-based position but there may be a need for in-office work which is at the discretion of the supervisor and business needs.
* Bachelor s degree
* Previous experience as a Learning Coach or Advisor for K12
WHO ARE WE*
* About Us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend