Family Engagement Administrator - ISWA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Home
Browse Open Jobs | Search Open Jobs | Submit a General Profile | Edit Your Profile | View Submitted Applications
Family Engagement Administrator - ISWA
Family Engagement Administrator INSPIRE THE FUTURE!
Get to know ISWA!
* Insight School of Washington
* Behind the Scenes
* A Day in the Life
K is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference.
We pride ourselves on maintaining the highest level of integrity. We have the same high expectations for our employees as we do for the students who are in our programs. These are just a few of the values that make K a great place to work.
The Family Engagement Administrator promotes and enhances the school s academic mission by improving levels of student engagement and ensuring that this increased engagement leads to improved academic achievement. The Family Engagement Administrator oversees the services provided to build capacity within families to assist in their student s education. This position will implement and manage the support given to students/families academically at risk and collaborate with school, department, and community leaders to ensure student academic achievement.
* Manage Strong Start Program and Family Academic Support team;
* Design and implement proactive programs to motivate and educate parents, Learning Coaches, and students to become more invested in the student s education, including hands-on training and working knowledge of K12 and school-specific tools;
* Design and implement tiered / phased / escalating mechanisms to identify students who are on a downward engagement or attendance trajectory and intervene accordingly
* Develop metrics to guide data-driven action in the direction of more effective efforts toward improving engagement levels
* Act as school representative for Students First Initiatives including Family Academic Support Team and Strong Start programming;
* Attend Students First meetings and trainings in addition to school-level meeting obligations;
* Work closely with Academic Administrator, Data Team, and Academic Leads to develop, implement and track successful onboarding for all new students; Lead effort to create, define, and instill a school culture that underlies and informs every aspect of the school experience from students to families to staff and guides decision-making and action;
* Collaborate with parents, teachers, and the school s leadership team to develop a family-friendly school climate; collaborate with other parent engagement leaders; promote parents as partners by involving them in the decision-making process regarding parental involvement activities and school improvement.
* Implement Parent Engagement strategies that tie directly to school improvement goals including but not limited to new parent onboarding process, student data sharing, and parent outreach and resources;
* Design and effectively lead professional development for all staff in the area of improving engagement.
* Serve on both school-based, system-wide and community based teams to develop interventions for promoting student academic success.
* Provide training to staff and families as it pertains to family engagement and student academic achievement.
* Lead Department meetings and professional development.
* Directly supervise 4 - 10 Full-time Equivalent (FTE) regular employees and/or contractors. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* This is a home-based position, with the potential of 1-2 office days per week as determined by the supervisor.
Are you driven by excellence to deliver instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students individual needs* If selected, you will participate in a comprehensive new teacher training program for three weeks before the start of school. It is an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. During this training you will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12 s learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child s learning.
* Bachelor s Degree AND
* Five (5) years of experience OR
* Equivalent combination of education and experience
* Creative problem solving skills to motivate at risk students to engage in school and learning
* Some experience working with at risk learners, including those in poverty
* Strong data analysis, communication and program management skills
* Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.); Web proficiency.
* Ability to travel 10% of the time
* Ability to pass required background check
* Master s degree in Education, Counseling, Human Services or related field of study.
* Leadership experience overseeing and evaluating a group of diverse, cross-functional employees
WHO ARE WE*
* About Us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend