Family Nurse Practitioner 8/14/2016
King City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY:
The Family Nurse Practitioner provides services to clinic patients following adopted clinical protocols under the supervision of licensed physicians. The Family Nurse Practitioner will follow current treatment protocols for the services to be provided with assistance and consultation from the clinic physicians. The Family Nurse Practitioner assumes personal responsibility and accountability for decisions regarding initiation of, or changes in, treatment of their patients with guidance from their supervising physician.
* Clinical Services
* Performs procedures as qualified by training, specialty and protocol with supervising physician oversight and approval.
* Takes complete histories and performs physical examinations, or those assessments pertinent to the reason for the visit, in order to provide a patient data base and/or basis for a therapeutic or health maintenance plan.
* Orders appropriate laboratory tests, x-rays, EKG and comparable procedures, under established protocols.
* Diagnoses and treats common illnesses and injuries under established protocols.
* Practices in accordance with Mee Memorial Hospital Medical Staff bylaws and guidelines.
* Records health, social and other pertinent problems and data in the medical records.
* Orders routine medications and treatments under established protocols for acutely and chronically ill patients under the supervision of the physician and established protocols.
* Works with other staff in the establishment, evaluation and monitoring of treatment programs.
* Follows all policies and procedures (medical and fiscal) when completing medical charts, billing forms and other required paperwork.
* Reviews protocols and patient care activities with supervising physician annually.
* Reviews all referrals with supervising physician where appropriate.
* Participates in quality assurance and utilization review.
* Maintains high quality by self-monitoring patient care activities, staying up to date in area of specialty/practice and participating in Mee Memorial Hospital quality improvement programs.
* Acts as a resource person for "triage" questions, patient case management, and assessment.
* Provides staff and patient education as needed.
* Enhances the professional practice by participation in problem solving with management, nursing and clerical staff.
* Serves as a member of selected committees as assigned.
* Notifies management of instrument and/or procedural problems within specified timeframes.
* Works cooperatively with management and staff to ensure optimum patient flow and to provide that patients are attended in an efficient and timely manner.
* Completion of Accredited Nurse Practitioner program
* Ability to communicate effectively
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
* Current License as Registered Nurse/Nurse Practitioner with the Board of Registered Nursing in the State of California.
* Successful completion of an accredited nurse practitioner program of study which conforms with the Board's educational standards set forth in the California Code of Regulations Section 1484 for California graduates only.
* Current certification by one of the following boards: the American Nurses Credentialing Center or American Academy of Nurse Practitioners or Pediatric Nursing Certification Board or National Certification Corporation for the Obstetric, Gynecologic and Neonatal Nursing Specialties, or American Association of Critical-Care Nurses.
* Current AHA BLS certified
* Current AHA ACLS certified (if submitting privileges for inpatient setting)
* Must be able to sit and stand/walk for 12 hours per day.
* Must be able to bend, push/pull and lift up to 50 pounds.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.