Family Office Accountant 9/2/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY A successful family office is seeking a stellar accounting professional who is experienced with QuickBooks and who can manage all accounting responsibilities for the firm. The right candidate must have at least 4+ years of experience along with working knowledge of accounting issues faced by high net worth individuals. This role will allow the candidate to have direct exposure to investments.
* Design and maintain Quickbooks chart of accounts
* Monitor bank account activity. Prepare bank and investment account reconciliations
* Oversee accounting software system and ensure proper backup including securing financial information
* Work with Tax Professionals on federal tax filing information; assembling data and coordinating the annual tax filings.
* Prepare cash planning projections; preparing budgets; developing forecasts.
* Accounts Payable function: Oversee vendor relationships including setting up account payables, obtaining approval to pay bills, coding bills and cutting and mailing checks.
* Compile and analyze financial information to prepare asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries to general ledger accounts and document business transactions.
* Ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
* Oversee accounting function on various Trusts
* Maintain internal control environment and procedures.
* Degree in Accounting or Finance required; CPA preferred
* Minimum of 4 years of progressive accounting/booking experience (family office, private wealth management, accounting firm or similar individual client experience is required)
* Working knowledge of accounting issues faced by high net worth individuals
* Must be highly organized and demonstrate an ability to meet critical deadlines
* Excellent communication and client service skills
* Capable of maintaining confidential information and possess a high level of professionalism