Family Resource Coordinator - HAVS
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Browse Open Jobs | Search Open Jobs | Submit a General Profile | Edit Your Profile | View Submitted Applications
Family Resource Coordinator - HAVS
Family Resource Coordinator INSPIRE THE FUTURE!
Get to know HAVS!
* Hoosier Academies
* Behind the Scenes
* A Day in the Life
K is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference.
We pride ourselves on maintaining the highest level of integrity. We have the same high expectations for our employees as we do for the students who are in our programs. These are just a few of the values that make K a great place to work.
The Family Resource Coordinator is a social worker helping families in situations of crisis, abuse and neglect, in addition to supporting other areas of social-emotional needs effecting academics. The position responds to issues directly, through facilitating meetings and/or by coordinating services with outside parties such as Child Protective Services (CPS), the Department of Juvenile Justice (DJJ), and other community based organizations.
* Manage online strong start process for new Learning Coaches and students:
* Maintain caseload of students/families referred to Family Academic Support Team for multifaceted student and family issues and provide immediate support;
* Provide brief assessments to develop an action plan with students and families;
* Facilitate family intervention meetings with families in crisis or with multi-dimensional needs;
* Serve as point-of-contact for teachers and administration for families in crisis; follow up with families by phone or in person, coordinating with external agencies (e.g. Department of Family & Children Services , Department of Juvenile Justice, community service agencies.) as needed;
* Facilitate character education programming and other trainings for the faculty and greater school community, as needed.
* Maintain an active role and awareness of current community resources within school boundaries, through attending meetings and/or networking events.
Are you driven by excellence to deliver instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students individual needs* If selected, you will participate in a comprehensive new teacher training program for three weeks before the start of school. It is an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. During this training you will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12 s learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child s learning.
* Master s degree in social work or related social service field AND One (1) year of documented social work field experience AND
* Social work education course work, to include Human Behavior in the Social Environment equivalent
* Certificates and Licenses: State social work credential in good standing (if applicable).
* Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.); Web proficiency.
* Ability to travel 25% of the time
* This is a home-based position but there may be a need for in-office work with is at the discretion of the supervisor and business needs.
* Three (3) years of field experience
* Background working in education
WHO ARE WE*
* About Us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend