To assist the Farm Manager in the operations and maintenance of the Morton Farm. The Farm Hand will accomplish this through the care of horses and the maintenance of Morton Farm facilities.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
* Positive, team oriented attitude.
* Ability to work independently.
* Excellent attention to detail with a focus on quality and care.
* Ability to operate standard transmission vehicles, small equipment and tools, and tractors as needed.
* Must be able to work in all types of weather, including extreme heat and cold.
* Must be able to list/pull/push up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
* Must be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time.
* Ability to bend, kneel, stoop, reach overhead and below.
* Ability to work effectively in an environment with exposure to dirt, dust, pollen, and animal hair/feathers.
* Previous experience working with horses.
Temp - Service
Temporary Part time
DEPARTMENT CONTACT FOR COVER LETTER
Douglas W. Illsley
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Note: This is a temporary position. Weekend hours required.
At the direction of the Farm Manager, the Farm Hand will be responsible for:
* Feeding and haying the horses, and providing water to all paddocks and stalls.
* Providing other care to the horses as instructed.
* Turning horses out to pasture and bringing them in to the barn.
* Cleaning the horses feed and water tubs.
* Sweeping the barn floors.
* Cleaning the horses stalls.
* Cleaning other areas at the Morton Farm as instructed.
* Assisting with project work, which may include pasture and trail maintenance.
* Other general assistance and support as needed.
Performs other duties as assigned.