Federal Account Executive - Civilian
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
We help organizations turn large amounts of data into knowledge they can use, and we do it better than anyone. It s no wonder an overwhelming majority of our customers continue to use SAS every year. It s because we hire the best people to create great software and services.
No matter the industry, organizations are collecting data at a faster pace than they can often handle. SAS provides everything they need to make sense of that data, manage its growth and determine what information brings the most value. Whether it s to reduce fraud in banking, speed drugs to market in life sciences, forecast demand in retail, detect security breaches in government or identify students at risk of falling behind, SAS takes pride in making a difference.
If you have to spend, on average, 54% of your waking hours at work, why not do something meaningful that you can be proud of* SAS leaders and HR teams cultivate a culture of purpose through sharing stories of how SAS software makes a difference in the lives of people around the world.
SAS is seeking innovative and dedicated individuals to join our growing Federal Sales division as an Account Executive. As a Federal Account Executive, you will be responsible for sales of SAS software products, solutions, and services to U.S. Federal Government customers across multiple civilian agencies. We are considering candidates with technology sales experience selling to the Federal space and currently have an opening supporting civilian agencies, including DoT, GSA, GAO, EPA, OPM, OMB, and several other agencies.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
* Working to identify, prospect, qualify and drive sales opportunities.
* Determining which customer business areas and SAS solution areas are of highest value to pursue and then executing sales plans to build new business opportunities and close revenue.
* Utilizing strong prospecting skills, including cold-calling as needed, to generate interest and establish new relationships across various levels in the accounts.
* Preparing standard quotations and proposal information as needed;
* Working with other SAS departments to create and finalize contracts and sales fulfillment requirements
* Developing an understanding of company pricing and licensing procedures
* Accurately forecast timeframes to close business and performing other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in a quantitative or business-related field of study
* A minimum of 5 years of proven technology sales experience
* Experience working in or selling to the Federal Community
* Ability to travel 10-20% of the time as business needs require
* Proven track record as excellent prospector/hunter into accounts
* Knowledge of advanced strategic sales techniques and team selling skills
* Knowledge of software acquisition cycles and buying influences
* Complex selling skills and executive-level presence
* Strong leadership skills and abilities
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to analyze and evaluate account dynamics, develop a sales plan, and accurately forecast sales
* Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a large and dynamic team
* Ability to relate technical and business concepts to SAS applications, solutions, and user needs
* Ability to grasp the analytics space
* Experience selling business intelligence/analytics software
* Experience with the agency set described above
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs* Follow us on LinkedIn