Federal Account Executive, Micro Focus
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, FEDERAL SALES - CIVILIAN AGENCIES
We at Micro Focus are seeking an experienced federal software sales representative, responsible for generating new business from a portfolio of assigned federal government. In this role, you will be responsible for creating relationships with key decision-makers in driving revenue opportunities within these agencies. You will work at the highest levels within the client to identify opportunities to properly position the entire suite of Micro Focus products and services in addressing the client's software needs.
Target agencies: Treasury, Education, Transportation, Labor
You will be responsible for all revenue opportunities from your assigned accounts, including net new business and renewing current support agreements.
As an account executive, you will work closely with our technical presales experts in developing appropriate responses to the clients' needs and in helping pave the way for Micro Focus solutions. You will develop strong internal Micro Focus relationships and marshal them to address the customer's needs. You will understand strategic account management and oversee the accounts in your portfolio to achieve sales, coverage and customer satisfaction objectives.
You will work with partners (integrators, distributors, resellers) in both developing and delivering business within your client base.
Possession of a Secret or Top Secret Clearance, while not required for the role, would open up additional selling opportunities.
* Renew existing support and maintenance agreements within your portfolio of existing Federal accounts
* Develop a clear vision for the direction of the client's business and be invited to act in an advisory capacity.
* Identify, qualify, propose, and close major opportunities with your assigned accounts.
* Position Micro Focus for long-term success through identifying and closing deals that generate substantial immediate revenue. Acquire new customers within that targeted account base and expand Micro Focus's footprint within existing accounts.
* Generate proposals for creative integrated solutions from multiple service lines.
* Meet and exceed quarterly and yearly software sales targets
* Work closely with partners in identifying appropriate business opportunities
* Strong background of at least 5 years of federal selling in a software firm
* Experience operating at the highest selling level within the Federal Government
* Ability to manage a large portfolio to meet sales quotas
* Ability to appropriately gather the correct technical and business resources to win customer deals
* Ability to travel 20-30%
The Attachmate Group Companies is an equal employment opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws in providing our employees and applicants with equal opportunity. Our decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are non-discriminatory. They are made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, veteran status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, and citizenship, the presence of a physical, mental or sensory disability, marital status or any other status protected by law.