Federal Real Estate Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
Cherokee Nation Management and Consulting
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The National Institutes of Health (NIH), a part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, is the nation’s medical research agency—making important discoveries that improve health and save lives.
The Real Estate Contract Branch (RECB) is responsible for the NIH lease portfolio exceeding 4 million square feet of leasehold space, and easements/right-of-way/license agreements, and purchase and disposal of real property, and is a primary stakeholder for all non-governmental owned real property.
We are seeking a Realty Specialist to provide realty support services on-site to assist the RECB in completing its overall operational objectives.
• Prepare unilateral contract modifications for recurring cost as identified in the lease, de-obligations, contract close out and forwarding contract modification to Contracting Officer for approval
• Provide document management and associated documents are complete per the lease index and/or Local Operating Procedure including hard copy and electronic files and contract close out
• Conduct market research; trending analysis; analytical and fact gathering data; create and maintain spreadsheets, pivot tables; risk analysis; track acquisition and project milestones, acquisition schedules and prepare PowerPoint presentations
• Perform contract reconciliations including CPI adjustments, taxes/utilities, and operating expense and/or rent escalations
• Responsible for documents related to FOIAs, data calls, audits, acquisition planning, delegation requests and Justifications of Other than Full and Open Competition (JOFOC)
• Work projects and documents to reflect minutes of meetings with internal and/or external stakeholders are accurate, action items are concise, milestone dates are established and after action items are tracked
• A Bachelor’s degree preferably in a related field is mandatory
• 5 to 8 years of commercial real estate experience to include property management, execution & management of leases, risk analysis, market surveys, and negotiations are a must.
• Cannot possess an active real estate license or be flexible with deactivating an active license
• Demonstrated knowledge of leasing experience is required and knowledge of federal government leasing acquisition process (GSA) is highly preferred, but not required.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite & Expert skills in Microsoft Excel; Formulas, Macros and automation, Pivot tables, Lookup formulas, Charts, Sorting & filtering data, Drop down validation & form controls,
• Strong communications skills, both oral and written
• Track record of good temperament and attention to detail
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Ability to obtain a low level clearance, background check and drug screen
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Apply to Job # 10496 online at www.cherokee-cnmc.com
Cherokee Nation Management & Consulting (CNMC) is a versatile small business that provides advisory & assistance services in research, experimental development, technology implementation, and program management. CNMC has expertise in a wide-range of technical disciplines including engineering, environmental, information and asset management, along with a variety of physical and life sciences. The company is an integral part of the Technology Division’s portfolio of companies. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNMC is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, click here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf