Federal Resident Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
It s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. We are the market leader in technology for network control. Our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for excellence in building the next generation of networking technologies and having fun along the way. Infoblox offers a fast-paced, action-oriented environment. We promote a culture that embraces innovation, change, teamwork, and strong partnerships. Join the winning Infoblox team our future looks bright, and so will yours.
They will be responsible for the preparation of equipment configurations and validation of configurations for new installations, troubleshooting network issues and assessing the overall health of the Infoblox infrastructure at the client s location. Additional duties will include:
* Implementation, integration & migration planning
* Development and maintenance of fault diagnosis procedures to support effective fault resolution
* Network related testing to ensure that the Infoblox products operate correctly
* Validation testing of the Infoblox products
* Ongoing, informal, knowledge transfer
Support and planning for Infoblox migrations, including assistance with:
* Authoritative DNS Migration
* Develop strategy and planning for DNSSEC deployment
* Scripted cutover procedures
* Go/No-go Criteria for migration and Infoblox cutovers
* Miscellaneous scripting support and Infoblox public API usage
* Participation in Architecture extensions for other functional areas
* Document the process for migrating data to the Infoblox Grid
* Document the process for the bulk importing of data
* Lead project status meeting
* Lead project wrap-up/post mortem meeting
* Record management process templates and documentation
* Develop tools as necessary to import/verify data
* Experience: 8-10 years
* Active Top Secret / SCI Clearance
* Extensive experience with Infoblox or DDI
* Demonstrated expertise in Linux/UNIX, MS Windows/Active Directory/Exchange, networking, service management and service desk
* Strong briefing skills; experience interacting with SES/general officer-level management
Other skills required to be successful in this role include:
* Ad-hoc (as requested) written summary reports on equipment and network problems
* Equipment test plans and results
* Feature and functionality test plans
* Network diagrams
* Operations and support procedures
* Technical input to major service outage root cause analysis and corrective action reports
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience required
The ideal candidate will have proven technical skills and will be the liaison in support of our customer acting as the DDI expert in preparation of equipment configurations and validation of configurations for new installations, troubleshooting network issues and assessing the overall health of the Infoblox infrastructure; including the development and maintenance of network operational support procedures related to the Infoblox products. This individual will work closely with Infoblox Customer Service and Engineering groups, assisting Infoblox TAC with open Infoblox TAC cases, submission of problem reports, and advising and demonstration of new product features.
Infoblox is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D.