Federal Systems Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION SUMMARY:
Responsible for the successful lifecycle from beginning to completion of assigned integrated systems projects, fulfilling company contract requirements with the Federal Government, Military and Transportation Industry for TycoIS Federal Systems Division. This position works closely with the Federal Systems Division Sales Team, TycoIS branch offices and TycoIS Business Operations, clients, and subcontractors to ensure completion of project obligations while maintaining project profitability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide the daily functional and budgetary management of an assigned installation projects. Provide supervision and monitoring of construction schedules and coordination of on-site technical work from start up, to check out, commissioning and final project acceptance.
* Review contracts and schedule requirements, ensure coordination of procurement and delivery of materials, field office involvement and subcontractors to meet contractual and profitability requirements.
* Manages on-site day-to-day activities to include directing employees and subcontractors on assigned projects, participation in and documentation of all on-site project meetings as well as acting as main contact in negotiation of change orders with all parties.
* Maintains all records of project status, changes, material flow and other control records as well as required reports, both internal and external. Furnish and maintain all related project correspondences, claims, punch list records, daily on-site work logs, audits, project schedule and close-out analysis for contracts.
* Establish, maintain and foster effective communications between customer, engineering, technical support and any other related on-site construction trades.
* Assist sales representative in the proposal and preparation of contracts for large systems to ensure close out profitability by providing subcontractor recommendations.
* Provide to Technical Services and Engineering management any technical feedback that may improve productivity and/or quality engineering design methods.
* Assists management with monthly forecasts as well as keeping management and subordinates informed of progress.
* Bachelors Degree or Associate degree in a related field, i.e., as Business, Construction, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred.
* PMI certification certification preferred
* Must be able to obtain and maintain PMP certification if needed.
* Three (3) to Five (5) years previous project management experience
* Five (5) years previous construction, electrical or systems integration experience.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with demonstrated judgment skills.
* Ability to organize and prioritize workload and resources for effective implementation.
* Must be a self-motivated and organized individual.
* Excellent PC skills (word processing, spreadsheet, presentation).
* Demonstrated problem solving and ability to independently carry out responsibilities under general supervision.
* Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the TycoIS and customer organization.
* Ability to function as an effective team leader and team member.
* Maintain a positive working environment.
* Ability to travel.