Federal Tax Supervisor 8/12/2016
United Parcel Service, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
The Federal Tax Compliance Supervisor prepares individual federal tax returns for simple to moderately complex UPS entities. He/She conducts research on legislative changes and assists in the preparation of state income tax returns and Tax Accounting projects as assigned.
The Federal Tax Compliance Supervisor oversees the timely preparation and analysis required for federal tax returns for domestic subsidiaries and partnerships. He/She completes assigned quarterly/annual provision and deferred proof items and reviews books and journal entries to determine necessary tax adjustments, document tax positions, and demonstrate proficiency in tax compliance software tools. This position prepares other miscellaneous tax forms as assigned and monitors Affordable Housing payments and maintenance of roll-forward schedules.
* Researches tax law and legislative changes (e.g., RIA Checkpoint, BNA, CCH Intelliconnect, etc.) to identify issues that affect UPS.
* Prepares state income tax returns and verifies information is reviewed and filed prior to statutory due date to maintain compliance.
* Assists Tax Accounting on projects as assigned.
* Accounting Knowledge: Applies standard GAAP methods; makes recommendations to improve practices or procedures in compliance with GAAP.
* Conducts Research: Identifies the business problem that requires research; identifies sources of information that are relevant to a problem; reviews literature and data related to the research question; summarizes information from data sources.
* Finance Knowledge: Accurately reads and interprets financial reports and statements; demonstrates an understanding of relevant financial measures, revenue and cost drivers; applies financial analysis to recommend solutions that support business objectives.
* Small Package Operations Knowledge: Demonstrates a detailed understanding of processes, procedures, and methods within small package operations; demonstrates a broad knowledge of tools, equipment, and technology used in small package operations; identifies root causes of recurring issues; describes the general structure of small package operations.
* Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) Accounting or related field Preferred
* Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Preferred
* Master s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) Tax or related field Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity