Feed Ingredient & Grain Merchandiser
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
Southern States Cooperative
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PURPOSE OF POSITION: Assist Manager of Feed Ingredient Services and group Merchandisers in purchasing assigned feed ingredients and grain for resale to SSC dealer network, the company owned locations, commercial accounts and direct farm accounts as well as use within SSC production feed mills.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Purchase assigned feed ingredients and grain at terms that maximize profits for both the SSC production mills and the Feed Ingredient Services reseller group.
2. Sell assigned feed ingredients and grain to SSC dealer network, company owned locations, commercial accounts and direct farm accounts while meeting set volume and margin goals.
3. Work to expand network of feed ingredient, grain and logistic suppliers.
4. Coordinate both truck and rail logistics as well as negotiate rates.
5. Understand market movement, price action, factors influencing price and make positioning recommendations.
6. Work on special projects as directed by the Manager of Feed Ingredient Services or Manager, Purchasing.
7. Assist in representing the grains and ingredients department at retail sales functions and industry shows.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
9. Put into action, as outlined by the Feed Division vice president, the list of Feed Division Behaviors.
SCOPE: Support the Manager of Feed Ingredient Services while working within the Feed Ingredient Services Group to facilitate total sales of forecasted/budgeted tons of Feed Ingredients and Grain to SSC dealer network, company owned locations, commercial accounts and direct farm accounts in addition to procuring ingredients for the SSC production feed mills.
- BS degree or college equivalent preferred
- One to three years experience preferred in grain and ingredient buying or merchandising
- General working knowledge of grain and/or livestock production is helpful
- Excellent Communication Skills
Requires physical strength and dexterity to walk, stand, bend, climb, reach, stoop, twist and lift/carry 50 pounds. Vision, hearing and speech essential. Hand coordination to use computer. May require a valid drivers license. While traveling may have contact with hazardous materials and drive/travel and work in adverse weather conditions.
Southern States Cooperative, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against individuals based on their race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws, or regulations.